Chanticleers Showing UConn How It's Done | The Boneyard

Chanticleers Showing UConn How It's Done

Reaction Score
I watched this game curious to see how a bold football program in its 4th year at the FBS level made a name for itself this year with an away win at Kansas and Saturday night's win over previously undefeated BYU. Hopefully RE2 was watching and getting some pointers.

I couldn't hear some of the dialogue between the announcers very well at times but they discussed how Coastal Carolina's smaller and lighter lines used "leverage" to gain the advantage at the line of scrimmage over the larger linemen of BYU. Something else we don't seem to do well.

Reaction Score
My niece is a freshman there so I’ve been following them since the season opener. Reminds me of UConn’s quick rise... ah, the good ole days! Anyway, pulling for them to continue their success!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It's easier to build it the first time as you get the excitement of fresh and new. Coastal Carolina is a very popular school due to location and expansion. That said, we will rise again!

Reaction Score
I'm quickly adopting CCU as my "home" team after moving from Stratford to Myrtle Beach 4 years ago. It's known as a beach and party school but I've heard academics aren't bad. They have a world class turf and golf mgmt program.

It's huge for them that they dodged a bullet this weekend when Beamer was named the USC head coach. Chadwell was reportedly on the consideration list.

Reaction Score
I watched this game curious to see how a bold football program in its 4th year at the FBS level made a name for itself this year with an away win at Kansas and Saturday night's win over previously undefeated BYU. Hopefully RE2 was watching and getting some pointers.

By any chance have you gone back and looked @ UConn’s first 4-5 years @ FBS level?

Reaction Score
By any chance have you gone back and looked @ UConn’s first 4-5 years @ FBS level?

Just did. I know Coastal's record is not as good (except this year), nor the opponents as strong, but my main point was something has to change or football will be over. Coastal made a great hire who built the program and the latest guy seems to be continuing that effort as opposed to PP and BD. It remains to be seen if RE2 has materially changed things for the better.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
Oldest son attended CCU. Nice campus. Short drive down 501 to Myrtle beach. Would be nice to see CCU and other Sun Belt schools on future Uconn schedules.

Reaction Score
Oldest son attended CCU. Nice campus. Short drive down 501 to Myrtle beach. Would be nice to see CCU and other Sun Belt schools on future Uconn schedules.

They'll probably only do a home now that they've found football Jesus.

Reaction Score
May we NEVER put on an exhibition like CC did. What a bunch of thugs. How that D lineman ever plays again will remain a mystery to me.

Happy to see the work Moglia did there continues and always enjoy seeing a good game and an upstart, but that’s a frigging dirty team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom