Changes to O Line? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Changes to O Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And yet more than 10 people on this board have suggested changes.

Nothing you could do?

I watched the DE on Levy's side rush the same exact way 9 out of 10 times. Never a change in the mode of attack which was always off the edge and straight upfield. No tackle is going to spring upfield with a DE. Ain't going to happen. Yet when your QB is going to roll into pressure 10 yards downfield, then suddenly you label that a whiff by the LT. No, sorry.

The LTs job is not to give up quick pressure to the inside and to push or even hell guide the DE downfield beyond the pocket. LTs are not supposed to block DEs ownfield.

The Left Tackles job is to block their man. Left tackles are asked to block defensive ends one on one in pop warner, high school, college, and the NFL. Not sure where you are getting this.

The Left tackles job varies based on the blocking scheme. Normaly, they are asked to block man up or outside man on pass blocks. There are times when they are looked to go inside.

Reaction Score
I hate this argument:

Bockeloh - 22 years old
Cruz - 24 years old
Gifford - 22 years old
Knappe - 23 years old
Levy - 22 years old
Mateas - 23 years old
Samra - 21 years old

I know it's all relative but these are grown men

Yes, age is much more important than experience and talent.

Reaction Score
I have never in my life seen a worse line than Uconn's in the past 2 years. To put in perspective, the line that started against Oklahoma in 2010 added up to 384inches of height and 1554lbs, yesterday's starting line was 380 inches and 1502lbs. Obviously smaller and lighter than the line in 2010, but you can't say its that much of a difference. This line has no structure and no ability, its insane to think we can't pick up a blitz 5 weeks into the season, there is no collaboration or mojo between the guys on the line. The Giants line when they won both superbowls recently was by no means made up of all first rounders, but they worked together and are regarded as one of the greatest of all time. There are 2 fixes, coaching or personnel. One needs to be decided on ASAP if we want to win more than 2 games.

Reaction Score
The Left Tackles job is to block their man. Left tackles are asked to block defensive ends one on one in pop warner, high school, college, and the NFL. Not sure where you are getting this.

The Left tackles job varies based on the blocking scheme. Normaly, they are asked to block man up or outside man on pass blocks. There are times when they are looked to go inside.

Are we talking about the same thing? Where did I say LTs aren't supposed to block one on one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom