Changes to 2014 Roster | The Boneyard

Changes to 2014 Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
desmondconner2:58pm via Twitter for iPhone
Three #UConnFootball players who are not on team and out of school: TE E.J. Norris, RB Joe Williams and OL Xavier Hemingway....

NHRJimFuller3:03pm via TweetDeck
OT Xavier Hemingway, RB Joe Williams and TE E.J. Norris no longer enrolled at #UConn Post original url/1fifIyo (article updated)

>>Monday, January 27, 2014
Hemingway, Norris, Williams gone from UConn

Time for a roster update and at this time of the year it is rarely good news. Three players who could have played significant roles in the upcoming season are no longer enrolled. Offensive tackle Xavier Hemingway, who got a start at right tackle in place of an injured Kevin Friend, running back Joe Williams and defensive end turned tight end E.J. Norris are no longer with the program.Williams was arrested last year on larceny charges, suspended from the team and never reinstated. Hemingway was also arrested on larceny charges after being accused of stealing $19 worth of merchandise on Nov. 29.<<

There is no 2014 roster posted as of yet...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just saw that Hemingway turned himself in to police on a warrant for 6th degree larceny. Something about stealing $19.00 worth of merchandise.

Reaction Score
Damn. 19.00$ worth. Best of luck,to all them and thanks to them for their on field contributions. Guess we now know why the extra rb.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to all of them.

By my count we now have 65 players on scholarship. Britton and Summers make it 67. If my accounting is correct we have room for 6 more commits.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In a football sense, Norris appears to be the only one of consequence. Joe Williams needs to get his life in order after his run in with the law, and Hemingway leaving the team is addition by subtraction.

Good luck to all three in their future endeavors...then I read about Hemingway's run in. C'mon. $19.00!?!?!?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Best of luck to all in their lives after UCONN.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think this means we can take in 17 new kids w/o having to greyshirt anyone....unless I am mistaken about our schollies for special teams.

Reaction Score
I think this means we can take in 17 new kids w/o having to greyshirt anyone....unless I am mistaken about our schollies for special teams.
I've seen two other posters suggest that we now have room for six more commits this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You get 85 a year. We're 67. That means 18 are available. We usually lose a couple of guys over the summer. So, Diaco could take 20 if he wanted and still be pretty safe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hoping the learn and grow and move on in life.

Losing a D1 scholarship is expensive. Not learning from losing will be very expensive.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You get 85 a year. We're 67. That means 18 are available. We usually lose a couple of guys over the summer. So, Diaco could take 20 if he wanted and still be pretty safe.

I have thirteen scholarship kids graduating + 3 academic casualties for a total of 16. I must be missing someone.

Graduating:

bennett jimmy
bullock tyler
christen chad
donohue ryan
friend kevin
greene steve
hyppolite martin
joseph jesse
mack taylor
smallwood yawin
stephen shamar
wagner cole
willman tim

Academic:
Hemmingway
Norris
J. Williams

Reaction Score
Williams, Norris and Hemmingway have left the football program
http://blog.ctnews.com/uconnfootbal...nd-hemmingway-have-left-the-football-program/

>>Running back Joe Williams, who was suspended from the team last August for stealing a credit card, has left the university, according to a source close to the program and offensive lineman Xavier Hemmingway and defensive end E.J. Norris have not met academic standards and have also left the university, according to the source.<<

Reaction Score
$19 fricking dollars.....

We also have had guys stealing Powerbars and using a stolen credit card to have items shipped to his home. We are not breeding a quality brand of criminal in Storrs.

another factor keeping us out of the P5. I put this completely on the AD. Had we had better criminals, we'd be in the ACC by now. I'd bump improving criminal skills over future scheduling on WM's to-do list.

Reaction Score
What amazes me about schools is that physical assault is treated with less severity than theft.
You have to know the facts, that's what Blogs, I mean courts are for.

Reaction Score
$19 fricking dollars.....

We also have had guys stealing Powerbars and using a stolen credit card to have items shipped to his home. We are not breeding a quality brand of criminal in Storrs.

Laptops...

Reaction Score
Up at Syracuse, you get caught stealing a $100+ item and what happens?

Reaction Score
another factor keeping us out of the P5. I put this completely on the AD. Had we had better criminals, we'd be in the ACC by now. I'd bump improving criminal skills over future scheduling on WM's to-do list.
In recruiting-We can't get the better criminals...they traditionally have gone to the U.....

Reaction Score
$19? At what point does the school stop pressing charges for this type of nonsense? On anyone, not just athletes. There has to be a better way to handle this.

To give some perspective, his 6th degree larceny charge used cost him $100 (on a $1,000 bond). How long did it take the police officers to file the paperwork. How long will it take the courts to review the charges, and process the case?

An unbelievable waste of resources over $19 worth of merchandise.

The school could just fine the kid $100 for a first offense, let the coaches know he screwed up and move on. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom