Change the OC or the QB | The Boneyard

Change the OC or the QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Seemed to work. They did nothing through the air except for the touchdown on Obi, which should have been a pick. Flowers on the ground was the problem

And giving him a 10-yard head start to come at you is another reason its an idiotic strategy.

Reaction Score
The fact that we have no running game doesn't help Sherriffs either. While were at it how about we get eye exams for Ron Johnson and Arkeel Newsome. I don't know how many time I have seen a blitzer run by either one of those two without them noticing. We really miss the days when we had a quality full back like Dion Anderson or Anthony Sherman. This offensive line would look a lot better with either one of those two in the backfield.

Reaction Score
The fact that we have no running game doesn't help Sherriffs either. While were at it how about we get eye exams for Ron Johnson and Arkeel Newsome. I don't know how many time I have seen a blitzer run by either one of those two without them noticing. We really miss the days when we had a quality full back like Dion Anderson or Anthony Sherman. This offensive line would look a lot better with either one of those two in the backfield.
I agree with you that either of those 2 would help the OL and running game...BUT they wouldn't help the QB..except maybe give him a opportunity to throw a few more picks

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Or you can change the head coach

Not going to happen and not sure why people keep saying it. UConn couldn't stop their running game which killed UConn tonight. Running backs need to pick up the blitzes better and the oc needs to come up with plays to deal with them

Reaction Score
I agree with you that either of those 2 would help the OL and running game...BUT they wouldn't help the QB..except maybe give him a opportunity to throw a few more picks
Actualy interceptions is one thing that hasn't been a big problem with the offense this year.

Reaction Score
It's hard to throw a pick when your first read is covered so you tuck it and get 1-2 yards instead.
No matter what 4 picks in 7 games isn't bad considering he is 38th in the country in pass attempts. He still had 39 attempts today and threw for 306 yards. I think people overlook the run game problem. We only had 73 yards on the ground. There has to be some balance. I would like to see some more screens to Newsome or Johnson. They are useless in pass protection so at least you can try to beat the blitz with a quick screen game. I consider then screen game to be more a part of the run game than pass game.

Reaction Score
No matter what 4 picks in 7 games isn't bad considering he is 38th in the country in pass attempts. He still had 39 attempts today and threw for 306 yards. I think people overlook the run game problem. We only had 73 yards on the ground. There has to be some balance. I would like to see some more screens to Newsome or Johnson. They are useless in pass protection so at least you can try to beat the blitz with a quick screen game. I consider then screen game to be more a part of the run game than pass game.

Newsome is usually very good in pass protection, he just had a bad night in that regard.

Reaction Score
Newsome is usually very good in pass protection, he just had a bad night in that regard.
You must watch different games than I do. To me he has looked lost in pass protection his whole career.

Reaction Score
We have several capable TE's on the team. Why? We aren't using them anywhere near what we should.

You can't tell me they can't design a play or 2 that utilizes them over the middle or in the red zone in the end zone.

BS is as gutty as they come but going deep is not his forte so passes to TE's and RB's and WR bubble screens shouldn't be hard to game plan.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
We have several capable TE's on the team. Why? We aren't using them anywhere near what we should.

You can't tell me they can't design a play or 2 that utilizes them over the middle or in the red zone in the end zone.

BS is as gutty as they come but going deep is not his forte so passes to TE's and RB's and WR bubble screens shouldn't be hard to game plan.

The waste of the TEs is the saddest part of the plodding offense.

Reaction Score
Davis, Meyers and Bloom could have had a field day over the middle. It was so obvious even the announcers were saying that uconn would have access over the middle in the zone USF was playing.

Uconn didn't play terribly, but they played to not lose instead of to win until it was too late. USF always has a very fast, athletic front on defense and we seemed to be handling it fine until Hopkins went down.

Disappointing outcome, but overall they looked better than most of the seasons. Of only we could return a damn punt.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There was a lot of bad play calling in that game. There should have been more screens and slants to make USF pay for the blitzing, and there were almost none.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Davis, Meyers and Bloom could have had a field day over the middle. It was so obvious even the announcers were saying that uconn would have access over the middle in the zone USF was playing.

Uconn didn't play terribly, but they played to not lose instead of to win until it was too late. USF always has a very fast, athletic front on defense and we seemed to be handling it fine until Hopkins went down.

Disappointing outcome, but overall they looked better than most of the seasons. Of only we could return a damn punt.

There was at least one modestly decent return by Lamelle, but you're right, we have waved the white flag and conceded the special teams game throughout the season. We look like we don't even practice punt returns. All the fault for that lies with the coaching staff.

I think most everyone will agree that we are nowhere near a good enough football team to concede one third of the weapons you have at your disposal during a football game. Even lesser opponents have an advantage over us if they actually utlilize special teams play and give that aspect of the game the attention which it deserves.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
There was at least one modestly decent return by Lamelle, but you're right, we have waved the white flag and conceded the special teams game throughout the season. We look like we don't even practice punt returns. All the fault for that lies with the coaching staff.

I think most everyone will agree that we are nowhere near a good enough football team to concede one third of the weapons you have at your disposal during a football game. Even lesser opponents have an advantage over us if they actually utlilize special teams play and give that aspect of the game the attention which it deserves.
I think special teams played great… We had great kick off's we had good field-goal unit, and we didn't fumble anything kicked to us. We ran a punt return when we could.

Punt returns are a small part of that third of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom