Change scheme tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Change scheme tonight

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't buy the lack of talent excuse. No way. We're playing the wrong scheme for our talent. We should be playing the 4-3-4.
We may not be great at it but we wouldn't be giving up 700 yds. No way no how. Does anyone really think that if Todd Orlando or Don Brown inherited this D team they'd be pummeled like this? I would blow up the 3-3-5 now--either demote Crocker or fire him. With Lashlee firmly (and exclusively) in control of the O, let Edsall run a 4-3-4 D. I'd take my chances with that.

We should be playing four down linemen? Yeah right. I know your parents tailgate BS precludes you from ever criticizing the performance of the players, but get real.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As usual, another untruthful pants on fire post from you. When Crocker was introduced, he was sold as the architect of the 3-3-5, which he was installing at UConn. Now Randy is saying we want to play the 4 man DL, according to your post but don’t have the personnel to do so.
When you defend the indefensible (700 yards) this type of contradiction and illogic is the result.
Quite frankly :

1) I have never, ever defended giving up 700 yards (you are more than welcome to provide a quote)

2) The entirety of the post was direct quotes from Edsall. What, then, was untruthful?

3) You have a thorough history on here of doubling down when plainly wrong. I don’t expect that to change.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly :

1) I have never, ever defended giving up 700 yards (you are more than welcome to provide a quote)

2) The entirety of the post was direct quotes from Edsall. What, then, was untruthful?

3) You have a thorough history on here of doubling down when plainly wrong. I don’t expect that to change.

Yeah I was plainly wrong about Travis, Miller, Diaco, Sid, Akinjo, the Brewster kid, Drummond coming to UConn in August, etc. There, I just double down on all that.

PS - It’s too easy toying with you!

C

Chief00

We should be playing four down linemen? Yeah right. I know your parents tailgate BS precludes you from ever criticizing the performance of the players, but get real.
No need to get personal - people besides yourself have all kinds of social connections and relationships. No need for Nostical to apologize for that. When I criticized Glen Miller I took some heat from a good friend, but that did not make me lose my objectivity and our friendship is better than ever. I understood his need to be loyal and he understood what he liked about me is well quite frankness.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No need to get personal - people besides yourself have all kinds of social connections and relationships. No need for Nostical to apologize for that. When I criticized Glen Miller I took some heat from a good friend, but that did not make me lose my objectivity and our friendship is better than ever. I understood his need to be loyal and he understood what he liked about me is well quite frankness.

You are the perfect example of how people with personal connections are rarely able to provide unbiased analysis.

Reaction Score
It's true. But we don't tackle, or cine close to forcing turnovers. Carrezola and Ormsby were recruited by P to be 4-3, ends and I believe they would both be above average in that scheme. Problem is the cuffs Diaco recruited fit no scheme.

Ormsby and Carrezola are not above average 4-3 ends. It’s obvious they go 100 % every play and I especially love Luke’s intensity, but they are simply not athletic enough.

Reaction Score
If I'm a defensive player on this team, I don't like how Edsall described me. After this season, wouldn't you think that there will be some transfers leaving now since they were told that they don't fit the 3-3-5?

It would not be a horrible thing if some of the fcs talent transfers.

Reaction Score
What makes RE think he can recruit better than BD or PP? BD had a pretty solid background coming from ND. PP recruited a lot of great players that went on to the NFL.

Not sure if this is serious or not. I have 100 % faith in HCRE’s talent evaluation.

Reaction Score
Ormsby and Carrezola are not above average 4-3 ends. It’s obvious they go 100 % every play and I especially love Luke’s intensity, but they are simply not athletic enough.
May have been a reachon my part. They're decent though. I actually like Ormsby a little better. They're just both too small for a 3 man line. Both have played hard this year. As has Junior Joseph. Those 3 have gone hard on what has been a soft D.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't buy the lack of talent excuse. No way. We're playing the wrong scheme for our talent. We should be playing the 4-3-4.
We may not be great at it but we wouldn't be giving up 700 yds. No way no how. Does anyone really think that if Todd Orlando or Don Brown inherited this D team they'd be pummeled like this? I would blow up the 3-3-5 now--either demote Crocker or fire him. With Lashlee firmly (and exclusively) in control of the O, let Edsall run a 4-3-4 D. I'd take my chances with that.
Talent level might not be "giving up 700 yards a game" bad, but it's not peak RE 1.0-era level either. Nowhere close. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
I’ll let @CTMike defend his post of the direct quotes of RE — but for clarity RE didn’t say he wants to play a 4-3. Listen to context starting @2:10

I have been critical of the coaching staff in the past but this season is a little bit different. Watching our players during games this season has been difficult. They are slow get lost playing defense and get beat bad. This is on the players not the coaching staff. I think this coaching staff needs some time to bring in quality players.

C

Chief00

I think 2 of our 3 linemen our D1 caliber, but average in our conference. The problem is the scheme allows them to get double teamed like they are stars. Then if we bring a blitz it’s from 5-10 yards away - plenty of time for a blocker to leave a double without freeing up the original man blocked and get in the path of a delayed blitz.
I hope this breakdown helps explains why this is a terrible scheme to run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom