Change in the Air | The Boneyard

Change in the Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just ran into a Kentucky football assistant coach down in the Outer Banks (he was wearing a kentucky shirt) otherwise how else would I have known. Obviosuly told him I was from CT and a big football and basketball fan. I asked him what he thought of Diaco. Simply put "I expect great things." He also mentioned Edsall must be kicking himself right now at Maryland. Looks like coach Diaco is highly regarded in the coaches community which is another good sign that we hired the right guy.

Reaction Score
I'm much more impressed with him expecting great things than HCBD being well respected among peers. I believe BD's predecessor and his unofficial OC were/are well respected.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
because if he has another bad year, he might get fired...

Well bad runs get you fired at UConn too so not sure why that much matters.

He's got around the 35th best team or so in the country. Schedule is tougher but should be favored in their first five and can get off to a hot start.

Reaction Score

He's got around the 35th best team or so in the country. Schedule is tougher but should be favored in their first five and can get off to a hot start.

The 35th best team loses to Marshall in a bowl game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 35th best team loses to Marshall in a bowl game?

I must have missed where you rank teams in 2014 off one result in 2013.

But yeah the 35th best team would lose to the 50th best team a good percentage of the time. Maryland wasn't the 35th best team last year so I'm not totally sure why that matters though.

In the composite computer rankings Nebraska finished 35th. They lost to Minnesota and Iowa. Squeezed past Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan.

VPI was 38th and lost to BC and Maryland. BYU was 33rd and lost to UVa. Fresno was 34th and lost to San Jose State.

So yes the 35th best team could lose to Marshall in a meaningless exhibition game. But I imagine you already knew that too.

Reaction Score
I must have missed where you rank teams in 2014 off one result in 2013.

But yeah the 35th best team would lose to the 50th best team a good percentage of the time. Maryland wasn't the 35th best team last year so I'm not totally sure why that matters though.

In the composite computer rankings Nebraska finished 35th. They lost to Minnesota and Iowa. Squeezed past Northwestern, Penn State and Michigan.

VPI was 38th and lost to BC and Maryland. BYU was 33rd and lost to UVa. Fresno was 34th and lost to San Jose State.

So yes the 35th best team could lose to Marshall in a meaningless exhibition game. But I imagine you already knew that too.

Just saying... you don't need to homer for your boy any longer..

Reaction Score

The Maryland fans hate him. They light him up every time he is the topic on talk radio. I'm sure he loves being hated. And if he gets off to a slow start it will be hell.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just saying... you don't need to homer for your boy any longer..

I just asked why he'd be kicking himself. That's a bizarre statement.

Pal - people hated him here as well - clearly they were level headed people who had a clear grasp of reality. Things have been awesome without him.

Reaction Score
People did not hate him here, we were UPSET the discourteous way he left.

Reaction Score

Pal - people hated him here as well - clearly they were level headed people who had a clear grasp of reality. Things have been awesome without him.
because he just came off from a BCS championship game and he hasn't met expectiations at Maryland. They were expecting him to do much bigger things up there. We'll see how '14 goes for edsall. but the dude was 4-0 last year and then went 3-6 to end the year. 2012 was a bad year too wasnt it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
because he just came off from a BCS championship game and he hasn't met expectiations at Maryland. They were expecting him to do much bigger things up there. We'll see how '14 goes for edsall. but the dude was 4-0 last year and then went 3-6 to end the year. 2012 was a bad year too wasnt it.

Ok. He got 12 mill guaranteed and coaches in the Big10 instead of the AAC. They haven't been good but kicking himself would imply he regrets the decision to leave.

Reaction Score
Ok. He got 12 mill guaranteed and coaches in the Big10 instead of the AAC. They haven't been good but kicking himself would imply he regrets the decision to leave.
your beating a dead horse dude. I appreciate your willingness to give up on your point. Bob Diaco is brining excitement back to UCONN football!!! imagine how the state will react if they beat BYU and Boise ST, hell throw UCF on there too, and the game at yankee stadium! whooooo I am pumped!!!!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Um, no. People hated him when he brought us to the Fiesta Bowl because we beat USF without scoring an offensive TD.
This board wanted him gone after 7 games in 2010. We were 3-4, lost to Temple and got whooped by UL.

Reaction Score

Very few people hated Randy Edsall when he was here. Granted, there were a few irrational fans who felt that way.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Edsall is the past ,great times ,Diaco is the future ,deep breaths all embrace what's about to happen ....... We leave the bottom and head up... Way @$k up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom