Chances that Williams and/or Ono select UConn??? (In your opinion) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chances that Williams and/or Ono select UConn??? (In your opinion)

Reaction Score
Since Ono wants to be a Dr.,Duke's seven year b.s.,md program should be very attractive to her.She is supposedly an excellent student.I agree with a prior poster that she may just be a perfect fit for Stanford or Duke.If she comes to Uconn that may mean she is putting a strong emphasis on basketball as well as a better than average academic program.I would be 15% on her coming to Uconn.I would be 50% on Williams.Did anyone hear if they or anyone else visited Uconn this weekend?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
100%.
wpid-117317d1403108615-te-joiden-jalkatreenissa-kyykkya-maastavetoa-ei-ole-booyah.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since Ono wants to be a Dr.,Duke's seven year b.s.,md program should be very attractive to her.She is supposedly an excellent student.I agree with a prior poster that she may just be a perfect fit for Stanford or Duke.If she comes to Uconn that may mean she is putting a strong emphasis on basketball as well as a better than average academic program.I would be 15% on her coming to Uconn.I would be 50% on Williams.Did anyone hear if they or anyone else visited Uconn this weekend?
Dr. Leigh Ann Curl, M.D., orthopedic surgeon at Johns Hopkins and head physician for both the University of Maryland and the Baltimore Ravens played hoops at UConn just before the Geno era. She was the UConn valedictorian. A UConn education didn’t exactly hold her back.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Perhaps someone should tell ONO that UConn's kinesiology program is one of the nations best, and that sports medicine is really the way to go.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno and his staff wouldn’t be wasting their time with official visits on CW & ONO if there wasn’t a good possibility to secure both of them.

Both these young ladies appear to be intelligent and thoughtful about their respective decisions. I’m sure they will weigh academics, geography and the overall basketball experience when they make their choices.

From a purely basketball opportunity, with Collier heading to TX, ONO has a great opportunity to be an impact player immediately in Storrs, and I’m sure she knows it. On the other hand, CW would need to battle for playing time against a number of talented G/W’s.

Reaction Score

my neighbor's kid was there for a college tour ..............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I agree that ONO may be more interested in a professional track then a WNBA track which would certainly lesson the odds of her choosing UConn (15%)...............Christyn Williams may very well include UConn in her final two but the odds still tend to favor Texas or even South Carolina (30%).........as always, I'll be absolutely thrilled to be wrong about one or both............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She doesn't strike me as one who shy's away from competition

That means she has "grit". I like players with grit. They won't quit, back down or disappear in crunch time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How did some of our predictors do 1 year ago?? Who among them predicted a 4 person class?

Some did great, and some did lousy. There were a few "optimists" that predicted Geno would hit a "grand slam home run", he did. Most of us did not because no one had a clue which way Walker was leaning. A lot of yarders got tired of waiting for her decision (remember she kept dragging it out), and gave up hope. She was the wild card, and the crown jewel that we all wanted in that foursome.

ONO is playing her hand the same way Walker did. Nothing via social media, and holding her cards close to the vest. The only sounds coming out of her camp are crickets.

Now, like they say in football, it's next man up (ONO & Williams), and we want them both!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I bet you guys land both. #1 recruits more often than not decide to go to Storrs...I'll be very surprised if Williams goes elsewhere. ONO is 50/50 IMO....she has a fantastic chance to step in and get big minutes as a freshman at Connecticut, and it's the only school on her final 6 that has a real shot to compete for championships her first couple of years there IMO.

Reaction Score
I bet you guys land both. #1 recruits more often than not decide to go to Storrs...I'll be very surprised if Williams goes elsewhere. ONO is 50/50 IMO....she has a fantastic chance to step in and get big minutes as a freshman at Connecticut, and it's the only school on her final 6 that has a real shot to compete for championships her first couple of years there IMO.

Good point, since 2008 when HoopGurlz/ESPN started ranking players if you count EDD, Uconn is 5 out of 10 for #1 recruits, and in 2010, 2014, and 2016 the top player visited or had an interest in Uconn.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm curious. What 2018 prospects had official visits to UConn?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I doubt we get either :(. I am optimistic about Ezi from Australia though

Ezi plays for the professional WNBL in Australia. Anyone know how that works? Does she not take a salary?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Good point, since 2008 when HoopGurlz/ESPN started ranking players if you count EDD, Uconn is 5 out of 10 for #1 recruits, and in 2010, 2014, and 2016 the top player visited or had an interest in Uconn.

And before that you have 4/8, and really 5/8 if you consider that Hunter transferred to UCONN. Only Parker and Ely didn't consider Connecticut:
2007-Moore chose UCONN
2006-Charles chose UCONN
2005-Paris chose OU over UCONN
2004-Parker chose Tennessee
2003-Hunter chose Duke over UCONN (and ended up at UCONN)
2002-Strother chose UCONN
2001-Ely chose Tennessee
2000-Taurasi chose UCONN

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm curious. What 2018 prospects had official visits to UConn?
I think just CWill and ONO.
These are the other UCONN interest and contacts that I can recall and the source of the information for the class of 2018.
Unofficial visit to UCONN:
Charli Collier-BY Photo with her, Shea and baby Brunelle at UCONN practice facility.
UCONN made in home visits with:
Sedona Prince-Texas newspaper
Shakira Austin- Austin tweet indicating great home visit with Texas and UCONN
NaLyssa Smith-BY Photo with Geno and Marissa in Smith house
Charli Collier-BY Photo with Geno and Marissa in Collier house
UCONN staff watched these player play at HS or AAU
Queen Egbo-McGraws Bench
Olivia Owens-Local news paper article and Geno Photo
Jordan Nixon-BY AAU Tournament
Amaya Brown- BY recruiting page which has deleted
Honesty Scott-Grayson (Long time ago when she was a freshmen at Blair with AEH)
Danielle Cosgrove - BY posting confirmation by @CoachBill
International
Ezi Magbegor UCONN in pursuit per several recent tweets and articles

If UCONN ends up striking out in this class it will not be from a lack of effort in recruiting because UCONN has evaluated all of the top post players in the class and a few guards as well.

Reaction Score
These are the other UCONN interest and contacts that I can recall and the source of the information for the class of 2018.
Unofficial visit to UCONN:
Charli Collier-BY Photo with her, Shea and baby Brunelle at UCONN practice facility.
UCONN made in home visits with:
Sedona Prince-Texas newspaper
Shakira Austin- Austin tweet indicating great home visit with Texas and UCONN
NaLyssa Smith-BY Photo with Geno and Marissa in Smith house
Charli Collier-BY Photo with Geno and Marissa in Collier house
UCONN staff watched these player play at HS or AAU
Queen Egbo-McGraws Bench
Olivia Owens-Local news paper article and Geno Photo
Jordan Nixon-BY AAU Tournament
Amaya Brown- BY recruiting page which has deleted
Honesty Scott-Grayson (Long time ago when she was a freshmen at Blair with AEH)
Danielle Cosgrove - BY posting confirmation by @CoachBill
International
Ezi Magbegor UCONN in pursuit per several recent tweets and articles

If UCONN ends up striking out in this class it will not be from a lack of effort in recruiting because UCONN has evaluated all of the top post players in the class and a few guards as well.

based on that recent article I posted, Ezi has really not even decided if she wants to play college ball forgetting about the fact that many Australian players prefer to stay on the west coast when they do decide to play here......I'm viewing her as a long shot for next season

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
based on that recent article I posted, Ezi has really not even decided if she wants to play college ball forgetting about the fact that many Australian players prefer to stay on the west coast when they do decide to play here.I'm viewing her as a long shot for next season
Maybe Ezi will consider coming to Storrs if UConn changes its mascot from a Husky to a Dingo. :rolleyes:

UConn.....
Dingoes....
UConn .....
Dingoes......
UConn......
Dingoes......

Dingoes.....
UConn......
Woof.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online