Chance to scout Louisville! | The Boneyard

Chance to scout Louisville!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
ND at Louisville..Thursday at 7....espn. How long can ND play at final four level given their
season-ending injuries? I expect scouting wisdom from the board about Louisville come Friday morn.
I think we play them February 15.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ND at Louisville..Thursday at 7....espn. How long can ND play at final four level given their
season-ending injuries? I expect scouting wisdom from the board about Louisville come Friday morn.
I think we play them February 15.

No need to scout. Face Guard, deny and get in the shorts of Asia Durr. Teams dominated by 1 player are never a real threat.

Reaction Score
No need to scout. Face Guard, deny and get in the shorts of Asia Durr. Teams dominated by 1 player are never a real threat.

Yet, they are still undefeated. Should be an interesting game to watch though. I am sure ND has the same plan for Asia Durr. The task will probably be assigned to Jackie Young.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm sure that UConn will win without difficulty, but Myisha Hines-Allen is another excellent player. I think she has at least 1 ACC POY award. The biggest advantage UConn will have is Geno >> Walz.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yet, they are still undefeated. Should be an interesting game to watch though. I am sure ND has the same plan for Asia Durr. The task will probably be assigned to Jackie Young.
The problem with defending Durr tightly is that the only sub we have for Young, Mabrey, or Ogunbowale (all 3 start) is a walk-on who just joined the team this fall. Our only two scholarship bench players are a post (5th yr senior Kristina Nelson) and a forward (freshman Danielle Patterson).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That would be an assignment mistake. At this point in her career, Young's defense is not good enough to guard Durr effectively, imo. I think defense is the weakest part of her game.

Reaction Score
That would be an assignment mistake. At this point in her career, Young's defense is not good enough to guard Durr effectively, imo. I think defense is the weakest part of her game.

But she is the most athletically gifted. I don't think Mabrey or Ogunbawale can stay with Durr. As Fighting Choke stated, there is no one else.

Reaction Score
The problem with defending Durr tightly is that the only sub we have for Young, Mabrey, or Ogunbowale (all 3 start) is a walk-on who just joined the team this fall. Our only two scholarship bench players are a post (5th yr senior Kristina Nelson) and a forward (freshman Danielle Patterson).
I think of your amazing walking-wounded team every time one of us Husky fans agonizes about a twisted this or twisted that on the incredibly deep UConn team.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
But she is the most athletically gifted. I don't think Mabrey or Ogunbawale can stay with Durr. As Fighting Choke stated, there is no one else.
I believe you are correct. Jackie is our best perimeter defender, and it's not close. Jackie got minutes last year (as a freshman) because of her defense, as she was hesitant to shoot. She plays very fundamentally sound defense.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think of your amazing walking-wounded team every time one of us Husky fans agonizes about a twisted this or twisted that on the incredibly deep UConn team.
It truly has been unbelievable. Just think of those recent years when UConn had dangerously small rosters. Can you imagine what it would have been like to lose 4 scholarship players? Tierney and/or Briana being first off the bench at guard?

Reaction Score
Massey has it 73-72 ND............don't remember the last time I saw them with a one point spread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom