Championship Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Championship Saturday

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You didn’t seriously say that.
Hell no.
Maybe not serious, but what does it really matter to Georgia if they lose today? They're in either way, I guess it could change who they play.

Reaction Score
Well, congrats to Kobe wherever he is. Cincy's had some very good seasons since they first joined the Big East in the mid 2000s. Several coaching changes and they've stayed a strong G5 team. They've earned their way to the CFP this year and to the B12.

Reaction Score
Maybe not serious, but what does it really matter to Georgia if they lose today? They're in either way, I guess it could change who they play.
Let’s see SEC title, undefeated historic season, beating nemesis Alabama, getting an easier matchup in the semis.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Nobody said our football team was too good for it. The league was a terrible fit for UConn overall. The AAC is trash taken as a whole.
One can hold multiple thoughts at once.
When the AAC formed, I was excited because I thought there would be good football and I thought we could compete. I also liked having my undergrad school in the same conference with my grad school (SMU).

Many (maybe most) of the comments here were about how crappy the conference would be, and how we would be stuck with some lowly private schools (SMU, Tulane) and some third rate directional schools.

We weren’t “too good” for the AAC.

Reaction Score
When the AAC formed, I was excited because I thought there would be good football and I thought we could compete. I also liked having my undergrad school in the same conference with my grad school (SMU).

Many (maybe most) of the comments here were about how crappy the conference would be, and how we would be stuck with some lowly private schools (SMU, Tulane) and some third rate directional schools.

You’re making a bit of a straw man argument man. Again, no one sane was saying our football team was “too good” for the AAC (we suck). UConn overall was a poor cultural fit. SMU and Tulane can be fine academic institutions and yet be irrelevant to the Connecticut fan base. Both of those things can be true.

You seem to be taking it personal because one of those schools is your alma mater.

Reaction Score

AAC was formed for one thing and everything else came for the ride and that was football. Temple and UConn were stuck on an island in a very southern based conference. It worked for Temple and didn't for UConn. AAC was pre-raid by far and away the best of the rest. Now they're just basically the old CUSA

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Let’s see SEC title, undefeated historic season, beating nemesis Alabama, getting an easier matchup in the semis.
With all of that, one might think they might've showed up and played a little better today?

Reaction Score
The AAC is a great football conference but nobody cares.

The AAC is relatively a brand new league.

You're right. In under 10 years, going to a CFB Final 4 and 7 NY6 bowls (winning their share) and going to 2 CBB Final Fours (winning the Final game in 2014) is beyond what any reasonable fan would've thought probable.

Now with the CFP expanding soon, the calculus works even more in the new AAC's favor... even with the new teams.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

You're right. In under 10 years, going to a CFB Final 4 and 7 NY6 bowls (winning their share) and going to 2 CBB Final Fours (winning the Final game in 2014) is beyond what any reasonable fan would've thought probable.

Now with the CFP expanding soon, the calculus works even more in the new AAC's favor... even with the new teams.
“The AAC won the 2014 championship”…get out of her man. Trash is to complementary a description to that basketball league…I think they are like the 12th ranked league, and that is before they replace Houston and Cinci with D2 level basketball.

Reaction Score

Oh sure and don’t forget UCF’s 2017 Football National Championship.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan isn't screwing around, putting a beating on Iowa.

Reaction Score
I would like to see the ratings for the acc title game.

Reaction Score
Well Bearcats...you gotta beat "The Man" to be "The Man"....

Get ready to rumble !

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'll be pulling for Cincy. Unfortunately, if they were to win a game or even just the fact that they made it, people will look back and say that they were a program that was almost in the Big 12. The G5 won't get as much credit as they should. It's similar to how some of you look at our 2014 NC when we were in the AAC. Acting like it doesn't really count as an AAC National Championship even though we were in the conference when it happened.

Reaction Score
Michigan isn't screwing around, putting a beating on Iowa.
Andrew Steuber of Darien HS playing great for Michigan, don’t know if he’s the best in college football but he’s definitely up there. He was opening up some huge holes on the right side.

Reaction Score
Well Bearcats...you gotta beat "The Man" to be "The Man"....

Get ready to rumble !
It's impressive for any team to put back to back perfect regular seasons together at any level. That ND win up there ended up being a playoff game in and of itself. Their only loss in two seasons is on a 50+ yd fg at the buzzer on Georgia's home field. I'd love to see them get in to the final game. That would be a victory in and of itself for all the folks other than Bama, Clemson, Osu and Georgia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom