Championship ratings-worst ever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Championship ratings-worst ever

Reaction Score
I rather see Villanova(who i like) vs. Michigan more than a Kentucky vs. Duke/Kansas final. I would rather Puke than watch those other scenarios.

Reaction Score
Since I'd say around 2006 there's only 2 ntl title games i have not cared about, both involved Michigan because I knew the outcome that they'd lose both.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the people turning away are younger people. The Fab 5 means nothing to them. They watch their phones, youtube videos....have a generation that will no longer have 4 or more TV's in the home.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How did Michigan revolutionize the sport?

Bigger shorts? Allowed everyone to know the penalty for calling time out with none left?

Revolutionized basketball culture probably. Not the game itself.

If you wanted to make a case for revolutionizing 'the game of basketball', Tark and UNLV would be a better one.

Reaction Score
I was on vacation in Canada. It was on TSN which was a nice surprise. Dickie V had the color call and did a surprisingly good job. The studio analyst, Jack Armstrong, was hilariously clueless despite (I looked this up because I couldn't believe how clueless he was) being a former college basketball coach. Incredible anchorman name, though. I presume that is why he has a job.

Reaction Score
What's the point of moving the Final 4 and Championship to basic cable when CBS broadcasts the early rounds? That can't help. Certainly breaks with the tradition.

I think playing in these 75000 football stadiums takes away from the atmosphere for a TV watcher. I watched for a couple minutes and was bored and switched. The women have it right, 19-20k NBA/NHL arenas sold out. Much better for TV.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What's the point of moving the Final 4 and Championship to basic cable when CBS broadcasts the early rounds? That can't help. Certainly breaks with the tradition.

I think playing in these 75000 football stadiums takes away from the atmosphere for a TV watcher. I watched for a couple minutes and was bored and switched. The women have it right, 19-20k NBA/NHL arenas sold out. Much better for TV.
But when you can sell 75000 seats for a few hundred why not?

Reaction Score
TBS is part of the same contract - nothing to do with $ per channel.

2 reasons this happened:

1) Propping up TBS as it's increasingly a no name cable channel
2) Sticking it to cord cutters who would have gotten this for free off of CBS

This. Cable companies are greedy asf! Someday, mark my words the super bowl is going to be ppv. Commercials and all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know the internet has taught people that everything should either be free or can be stolen with no repercussions - but where in the world do people expect the billion the NCAA gets a year to come from?

Reaction Score
It's not called March Madness for nothing.
Ratings have been declining since realignment. Sports is about rivalries; not just about teams.

Reaction Score
I was at my daughters house who cut the cord and gets local channels and Netflix. A lot of people would tune in to CBS, but I guess money talks. The 9;20 EST start is also not helpful IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom