Championship Quality | The Boneyard

Championship Quality

How many teams have the required quality coaching/players/scheme/scoring/D to win it all?

• Total voters

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would say UConn, Stanford, Baylor and Maryland at this point in the conversation. SC is on the outside looking in based on the inconsistency of their guard play.
Then the longer shots of NC State, Texas A&M who need to up their games to prove they belong back in the conversation.

Reaction Score
I was thinking UConn, Stanford, Baylor, MD and Texas A&M all have the resume.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Any of the top 7 can win it all IMO. NC State and A&M havent looked great but when they play well they can be great. Maryland/Baylor have looked the best through 2 rounds though. Maryland's offense is unstoppable and Baylor is a completely different team with Egbo playing at a high level.

Reaction Score
Any of the top 7 can win it all IMO. NC State and A&M havent looked great but when they play well they can be great. Maryland/Baylor have looked the best through 2 rounds though. Maryland's offense is unstoppable and Baylor is a completely different team with Egbo playing at a high level.
Queen and moon is the key! How fun would it be to see Maryland and Baylor in the championship game. Best defense vs best offense

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I hate it for State but it would surprise me to see them get to the Final 4 if Jones remains out with her injury.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If you were counting Louisville, time to recount. 87 kinds of butt ugly performance against a pedestrian opponent.
They're back ahead but I can't see them winning. Not good enough on either offense or defense.

Reaction Score
I hope SC get the opportunity to play Maryland. I don't know if SC will win but the way Maryland plays will allow SC to get out and run as well. Maryland also has not played a team that defends like SC or as athletic.

Reaction Score
Calling it now:

Bracket Side 1: Stanford v. Maryland in Final Four.
Bracket Side 2: UConn v. Baylor in Elite 8

Championship Game: features winner of those two games

Remaining Schools: bracket fodder

Reaction Score
I went with 8 teams.
UConn, Stanford, Texas, Louisville, NC State, Maryland, Baylor, and South Carolina. Texas is my surprise pick. New season during the tournament. All about peaking at the right time. That Texas team is on the rise at the right time.

Reaction Score
I went with 8 teams.
UConn, Stanford, Texas, Louisville, NC State, Maryland, Baylor, and South Carolina. Texas is my surprise pick. New season during the tournament. All about peaking at the right time. That Texas team is on the rise at the right time.
Texas has two players that would get playing time for UConn.
And Collier [one of the two] is the Invisible Woman in big games.

But they do have a great endowment.

Reaction Score
Texas has two players that would get playing time for UConn.
Collier
tumblr_n41i8rNepl1qb1z5go1_400.gifv

Reaction Score
I hope SC get the opportunity to play Maryland. I don't know if SC will win but the way Maryland plays will allow SC to get out and run as well. Maryland also has not played a team that defends like SC or as athletic.
Maryland - South Carolina would be an interesting game. On the surface, it appears South Carolina has no one who can guard Owusu. Maryland has no one to guard Boston. South Carolina have talented and fast guards but they are small. Maryland have a ton of talented forwards in the starting lineup and on the bench. If Maryland shoot the ball as well as they did in the first two tournament games, South Carolina has no chance. 98 and 100 points.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Maryland - South Carolina would be an interesting game. On the surface, it appears South Carolina has no one who can guard Owusu. Maryland has no one to guard Boston. South Carolina have talented and fast guards but they are small. Maryland have a ton of talented forwards in the starting lineup and on the bench. If Maryland shoot the ball as well as they did in the first two tournament games, South Carolina has no chance. 98 and 100 points.
It will be interesting to see how Maryland shoots in the Alamodome; it's a totally different situation than St. Mary's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom