Championship Level Defense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Championship Level Defense

Reaction Score
A noticeable difference. Good guys switched on ball screens much more than usual. Made a huge difference. We did not allow any straight-line drives fighting through screens which has been a weakness of late. Made them settle for contested jump shots.
This. All night long. So smooth, great communication. Switches happened without hesitation and none resulted in mismatches in Seton Hall’s favor. Such a great effort by the good guys.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Virginia won all D...No O
True enough for me to add that Virginia did not rush, force, or take ill-chosen shots to the extent that this team does.

All games moving forward will be against competition that will exploit this tendency, so it's not simply looking for something to complain about after a great win.

The next game is about snagging a 4-seed, which would need a victory in the successor game.

Like tonight, Friday is a rubber match. The other side of the bracket is represented by the two teams we haven't beaten.

Reaction Score
Jackson and Whaley were monsters on defense. Martin too. Everyone else was also good

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
homer simpson episode 10 GIF

Reaction Score
Tremendous amount of hand deflection and disruption on defense. It’s like each guy had 4 arms. Can that be coached?

Reaction Score
Tremendous amount of hand deflection and disruption on defense. It’s like each guy had 4 arms. Can that be coached?

Yep. You look like you have 4 arms when your defense footwork is great, you positioning is solid, and you can put in 100% effort because you have trust in your teammates to help if you get beat. That's all signs of great coaching.

Hurley is a very good man to man defensive coach. Probably one of the best in the country. I'm fully convinced if we had a half-way decent zone and press in our back pocket for games a guard lights us up in the lane, we'd be a top 10 defense in the country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I honestly think that everyone is giving Adama too hard of a time about his offense. Seton Hall obviously schemed to stop him and dared everyone else to beat them. Well, we did.
We didn't run the offense through him. From the start of the game, he was outside setting screens, with some pick and roll, but very little attempt to feed him in the post. The reality is that Obiagu does a great job on him and they double him. So it was obvious to me that Dan game planned away from him. I was actually going to credit Hurley for recognizing a difficult matchup and not forcing the ball into it.

Reaction Score
We didn't run the offense through him. From the start of the game, he was outside setting screens, with some pick and roll, but very little attempt to feed him in the post. The reality is that Obiagu does a great job on him and they double him. So it was obvious to me that Dan game planned away from him. I was actually going to credit Hurley for recognizing a difficult matchup and not forcing the ball into it.

Very good game plan IMO. Whoever did the scouting from our last game and game planned last night deserves a ton of credit.

Reaction Score
Yeah we went to Sanogo a few times in the 2nd half in quick succession when Obiagu was out and Sanogo was able to get decent position, but he still missed his jump hooks. It was noticeable because we didn't really do that most of the game.

Reaction Score
Beautiful ugliness.
Beware the black swan for a partner at the dance.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Earlier this year we were losing games we shot poorly in. Nice to see the D step up tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom