Championship Game: Who you got? | The Boneyard

Championship Game: Who you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yarders can we please allow posters to answer with immunity (just this one time), so they can reply with their heads and not their hearts?

Anyway I say Wisconsin, cuz they have been tested. K will take Okafor to school, affecting his NBA outlook. Should be a good game.

Since uk is not playing I can enjoy it . . . . . . somewhat, pending on the result.

Reaction Score
Mots010 said:
I like experience over talent. Wisconsin.

I'm not sure that the talent doesn't go to Wisconsin on an overall basis.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm pulling hard for Wisconsin but if I was betting, I'd pick Duke. They are really clicking and Winslow is a beast. I hope I'm wrong.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Expecting a Duke win, but rooting for Wisconsin with everything I've got.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No team has ever won the NC without being in the top 21 of the KP Adj D rank.

Wisconsin is 55th (down from 30 pre tourney) with the #1 overall offensive team.

Duke is 12th (up from 57th) with the #3 offensive team.

Duke's defense has been surging all tourney. It makes me sick to my stomach, but I don't see them losing.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Wisky because I picked them in my pool to win it all.

Reaction Score
Duke's defense has been great all tourney, but the only team that beat them twice - Notre Dame - runs a variation of the swing offense Wisconsin uses. And Utah was able to really, really trouble Duke in the Sweet 16 by spreading the floor. They just didn't hit their shots.

I'm trying to talk myself into the Badgers, but it's not working. I think Duke wins by 5 or 6.

Reaction Score
No team has ever won the NC without being in the top 21 of the KP Adj D rank.

Wisconsin is 55th (down from 30 pre tourney) with the #1 overall offensive team.

Duke is 12th (up from 57th) with the #3 offensive team.

Duke's defense has been surging all tourney. It makes me sick to my stomach, but I don't see them losing.

While I tend to agree with this line of thinking, Wisconsin also has the best adjusted offensive efficiency ever recorded by KenPom, and it's not really that close. They're an absolute offensive juggernaut. And, on the defensive end, they have the fourth best rebounding% and are the best at keeping opponents off the foul line.

I almost always side with defense, and Duke's defense has been great in the tournament. Ultimately, however, I think the pace of this game will determine the victor. If it's an up-tempo game, Duke will win. If it's a half-court possession game, I give Wisconsin the edge. Wisconsin easily has the best offensive TO rate in the country, so I think they will be able to control the pace and keep Duke out of transition.

With Wisconsin's historically efficient offense and experienced squad, I'm picking them to win tonight. Oh yeah, and F Duke.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Duke will get the calls. I'm saying a +10 differential at the line.

Reaction Score
Yarders can we please allow posters to answer with immunity (just this one time), so they can reply with their heads and not their hearts?

Anyway I say Wisconsin, cuz they have been tested. K will take Okafor to school, affecting his NBA outlook. Should be a good game.

Since uk is not playing I can enjoy it . . . . . . somewhat, pending on the result.

You have to ask? Really?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Duke wins a relatively high-scoring game - say 78-72.

But, lord, I hope UW wins.

Reaction Score
Well, it's definitely a Wisconsin home game, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom