Champions Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Champions Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I doubt any freshman will ever be Durant-esque. His year was stupid, by far the best freshman season in the modern era.

Consider me afraid of UK, they played a horrible, horrible game and lost by four to the #2 team in the nation. Randle was a stud I don't think Anthony Bennett ever had a game that good against a top opponent. Safe to say he's on another level from him. I drank the koolaid on Beasley too but I think he didn't have a talent/tweener problem, he just loves the ganja way too much. If his head was on straight on he'd be a darn good NBA player.

Reaction Score
You gotta extend the game there and foul.

He played it the way they do in the NBA - when you can advance the ball 70 feet by calling a timeout. You can get two legitimate offensive possessions in 3.5 seconds in the NBA (Celtics-Heat, e.g.), so you might as well play straight up.

In college, you still have to go the length of the floor. Plus, if you foul the right guy, you can force a 19 year old who has never shot pressure foul shots on TV to hit two big ones.

Reaction Score
I doubt any freshman will ever be Durant-esque. His year was stupid, by far the best freshman season in the modern era.

Consider me afraid of UK, they played a horrible, horrible game and lost by four to the #2 team in the nation. Randle was a stud I don't think Anthony Bennett ever had a game that good against a top opponent. Safe to say he's on another level from him. I drank the koolaid on Beasley too but I think he didn't have a talent/tweener problem, he just loves the ganja way too much. If his head was on straight on he'd be a darn good NBA player.
Doesn't matter , majority of media considers this class the best since 03.

Reaction Score
Bill self should smarten up and start playing seldon at pg... And never bench wiggins.

Reaction Score
If the rankings weren't on the scoreboard, I would have thought this was the 1 vs. 2 matchup.

I was certainly more excited about Duke-Kansas than I was Kentucky-MSU.

Reaction Score
Vitale is really pumping up Parker. Not much of a surprise there. These teams do look good so far.

Reaction Score

Don't look now but Jabari Parker may have something to say about that

Reaction Score
Don't look now but Jabari Parker may have something to say about that

Amazing first half, but he's got a ways to go before he breaks nearly every single-season ACC scoring record. :)

Reaction Score
Amazing first half, but he's got a ways to go before he breaks nearly every single-season ACC scoring record. :)

Absolutely, but even though he's a dookie I'll enjoy watching this kid play

Reaction Score
Jabari Parker is also from Chicago that says something, don't be so sure Wiggins is the number 1 pick.

Reaction Score
yea about 6'8" or so, I drunk the kool aid with Beasley and Williams, after seeing them struggle as tweener 4s I wasn't falling for it with Bennett. I don't think Randle will be an outright bust but I'm not buying that he's the next dominant PF that he's been projected as. On another note, you already see Aaron Gordon trying to get ahead of the curve and call himself a wing and trying to play out there so he doesn't get slapped with that tweener label.
Guy is what 2 games into his college career and we are bitching about him being a disappointing pro?! Why not enjoy him playing college ball even if its for Calapari? Chris Jackson was one of the most fun and entertaining college players of the last 20 yrs and I don't give a rats ads about his ok, then mediocre then possibly religious Mahmoud Abdul Raulf derailed n a years

Reaction Score
Guy is what 2 games into his college career and we are bitching about him being a disappointing pro?! Why not enjoy him playing college ball even if its for Calapari? Chris Jackson was one of the most fun and entertaining college players of the last 20 yrs and I don't give a rats ads about his ok, then mediocre then possibly religious Mahmoud Abdul Raulf derailed n a years

who's bitching? I don't give a damn whether dude turns out to be nice or a bust, I have no stake in his career, I'm just offering my opinion on his pro potential, which has been going on with college players since forever.

Reaction Score
it would be awesome if Parker or Wiggins could become a duo with either Kemba or AD

Reaction Score
Wiggins still should be drafted first. Offers defensive potential niether randle or Parker could ever. Wiggins second jump is something out of space

Reaction Score

I think Carmelo's season was superior to Durant's. His stats are right there with Durant's, but the NC puts him in another category imo.

From what little I've seen, Parker's skill set reminds me a lot of Carmelo.

Reaction Score
This board is so strange, declaring certain players busts based on 20 minutes of their college career. Wiggins is going to be the #1 pick, scouts aren't basing their draft picks off of 20 minutes of basketball.

Reaction Score
Espn actually gave us some credit in the post game write up.. Comparing us to the blue bloods.

"But the Spartans aren't exactly slouches, returning six of their top seven scorers. Just as important, big-time games like this are nothing new to them, with Izzo routinely scheduling the likes of Connecticut, Duke, North Carolina and Kansas before Jan. 1"

Reaction Score
So, who was the UK player talking about an undefeated season?

Reaction Score
who's bitching? I don't give a damn whether dude turns out to be nice or a bust, I have no stake in his career, I'm just offering my opinion on his pro potential, which has been going on with college players since forever.
I think how his college team might do this year is 99% more relevant. Agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom