Chaminade played one player > 6'7" | The Boneyard

Chaminade played one player > 6'7"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and yet our bigs couldn't dominate the game. The biggest difference between top Division 1 schools and lower level schools is quality bigs as the 3 pointer has become the great equalizer. Ollie needs to figure out a bigs rotation that makes the team better. Against a team like Chaminade, I don't think we should have played 2 bigs at the same time as it hurts us on offense and it doesn't help us defend the 3.

Reaction Score
UConn's bigs played excellent defense and made a high percentage of their shots even though there wasn't a lot of volume there.

I think they played well. Our offense was great and the only glaring problem was all the 3PT we gave up.

Reaction Score
Wish we just used that length and pounded the ball into the post.

Good teams adapt to the other teams style of play.

Great teams impose their style of play.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You watched that game and you think our bigs were the problem?

Okay.

They went 10-12 from the field and accumulated only four fouls because Chaminade didn't go anywhere near them. They weren't the ones who allowed a D2 player averaging two points a game to strafe them for 19 points.

The front court has not been great, but good god, point your head towards the television occasionally when the games are on.

Reaction Score
Only thing I will say about 0ur beings is that they were being asked to defend a lot on the perimeter tonight. Obviously that's not a strength for them. When they were able to sit in the paint they defended well. Think it was more of a problem of playing 2 bigs when the other team has 5 perimeter players on the court. Goes without saying the team needs to defend the perimeter much better than they have thus far.

Reaction Score
You watched that game and you think our bigs were the problem?

Okay.

They went 10-12 from the field and accumulated only four fouls because Chaminade didn't go anywhere near them. They weren't the ones who allowed a D2 player averaging two points a game to strafe them for 19 points.

The front court has not been great, but good god, point your head towards the television occasionally when the games are on.

I watched the game. Bigs were vacating the lane on defense and the only offense they generated was when the guards gave them perfect passes for easy baskets. Yes, Brimah hit a jump shot with 1 on the buzzer, but the bigs could not generate their own offense at all against mostly guards and small forwards. If we had one big who had any offensive moves, he could have scored 25+. Heck, our 4 bigs attempted one foul shot tonight in 74 combined minutes played! UNC's bigs went to the line 24 times last night.

Reaction Score
Problem was not the bigs. perimeter rotations were. Our guards are getting lit up from 3pt land.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We simply don't feed our bigs in the post. Ever. Facey was posted up asking for the ball repeatedly and the guards simply ignore him. (And the others). The two or three times Jalen drove and dropped it to him he converted. It's mystifying to me that we didn't try and feed the post today. That said, screw it, we won and I'm pouring a cocktail and staring at Lanai in the distance.

Reaction Score
We have no inside/outside game because we don't have a single Big that can post up. So it makes it easier for teams to defend us.

Reaction Score
Feeding the post is just asking for a turnover or an awkward ineffective post move. They aren't good passers either. It is basically feeding a group of Jonnie Selvies except with a much lower chance of ANY sort of production.

Reaction Score
We have no inside/outside game because we don't have a single Big that can post up. So it makes it easier for teams to defend us.
We have one big who can post, SE, but of course he can't play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom