Chaminade Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chaminade Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He called Larrier "Larry Terrier" the other day. His brain is a little cloudy. Years of bong hits have taken a toll. He's hands down the absolute worst announcer in all of sports. He admitted he didn't even know we beat Loyola-Marymount. He does zero homework and spends most of any game discussing totally unrelated to the game nonsense.
It's unreal. He asked on air who was playing later on tonight in the tournament. Like, what are you there for if you know nothing other than the sport itself.

Reaction Score
I thought going to a 2-3 zone was a bad idea, since Chaminade really only shoots 3s.

Run them off the 3PT line in the second half, and we win this handily. They'll have trouble scoring against our length inside the arc.

Also keep in mind that Ollie mostly played Enoch and Durham as our frontcourt in the first half. I like them getting minutes, even if it comes with growing pains.
This team and cosching staff is too stupid to figure that out. I agree w the guy last night who said we don't win 10 games this year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We're about to be behind a DII team at the end of this game if we don't get our act together and DEFEND the three point line!!!

Reaction Score
Here are my brilliant first half observations:

1. There's a lot to like about the young talent on this year.
2. There isn't much to like about the upperclassmen.
3. There's almost nothing to like about the coaching right now.

Reaction Score
Hanidou watching this game thinking no way in hell he is coming to this shitt team
Hmm.....let's see: a team that can't beat a Division II team, or Kentucky, which is basically a free pass to total exposure and a direct ticket to the NBA. Um, no......no way he comes to UConn. I was just feeling badly for the 3 kids that signed their LOIs before the season started. They are now stuck for a year.

Reaction Score
Our freshman and sophomores have 40 of our 45 points. No there's no excuse to be tied with this d2 team at half but it would be nice if our seniors stepped up just a little. I also agree the coaching has been horrendous but it shouldn't be this hard to get a hand up on the three point line. Gonna be a long year but I like what I see from our young guys for the most part. There's promise there.

Reaction Score
Hmm.....let's see: a team that can't beat a Division II team, or Kentucky, which is basically a free pass to total exposure and a direct ticket to the NBA. Um, no.no way he comes to UConn. I was just feeling badly for the 3 kids that signed their LOIs before the season started. They are now stuck for a year.

Sounds like you need a good cry.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Chaminade has a brutal schedule after this:

- Hawai'i Hilo
- Notre Dame de Namur
- Seattle Pacific
- Dominican (Calif.)
- BYU-Hawai'i
- Northwest Indian College
- Concordia (Calif.)
- California Baptist
- Academy of Art
- Fresno Pacific
- Holy Names
- Azusa Pacific
- Point Loma
- Dixie State

No, these are not made-up names.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
How many wide open threes are we going to watch them make before we guard somebody on the arc?

Reaction Score
Ollie always uses the saying it's darkest before the dawn comes. But he didn't tell us how long the night would be. Might last the whole season!

There is definitely talent on this team but they look so unorganized and unstructured. The defense is a mess. No matter what anyone tells me you can't convince me they are well coached. Yes, they're young and inexperienced but this is bad. It has to be killing Calhoun to watch this.

Reaction Score
Ollie always uses the saying it's darkest before the dawn comes. But he didn't tell us how long the night would be. Might last the whole season!

There is definitely talent on this team but they look so unorganized and unstructured. The defense is a mess. No matter what anyone tells me you can't convince me they are well coached. Yes, they're young and inexperienced but this is bad. It has to be killing Calhoun to watch this.

Team absolutely has a coaching problem. There is simply no way they should be THIS bad.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Chaminade has a brutal schedule after this:

- Hawai'i Hilo
- Notre Dame de Namur
- Seattle Pacific
- Dominican (Calif.)
- BYU-Hawai'i
- Northwest Indian College
- Concordia (Calif.)
- California Baptist
- Academy of Art
- Fresno Pacific
- Holy Names
- Azusa Pacific
- Point Loma
- Dixie State

No, these are not made-up names.

Where are the Washington Generals with Red Klotz?

Reaction Score

Who ever said they're well-coached? Thus staff makes Dom Perno look like Bobby Knight.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Walton is now actively rootong for Chaminade.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Pathetic attempt. Shocked it wasn't a three at the other end with as many 5 point swings we have given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom