Chadd Scott: "UConn is too much of an ACC school for the ACC to add it." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chadd Scott: "UConn is too much of an ACC school for the ACC to add it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nowhere close to being maxed out. Play and win meaningful games and we.double our fanbase easy. There are still.die hard MBB fans that don't follow the FB team. How is that possible?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Isn't the highlighted sentence a clear example of "lukewarm fanbase"?

The overwhelming vast majority of NCAA sport programs are cyclical... people need to hang in during a few down years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They did that this year. I bought reduced season tix package for $15 a game.

This year and every year for the last five. The idea that the tickets are super expensive or something seems insane to me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know, I can't get good tickets without paying a lot and sitting in traffic for 2 hours each way, but I sure can turn on my TV and DVR the game so I can make a pit stop or watch it later. Attendence at games is going to decrease when TV showings increase. It's just a fact. So your conclusion is just not valid. Open up more and better seating to students is a great way to boost attendence.

I got Giants tickets given to me on Sunday and went to MetLife to watch them beat the Packers up for the first half. It took almsot 4 hours of travel time, I left at halftime to get home at midnight, sitting in the freezing cold, spent $150 on tolls, parking, hot choc and a beer. People behind us got their tickets online and paid $275/each. Their cost to go to a game was almost $750. MIne was still $150 and I was given the tickets (good ones btw). Same holds true for every sporting event now. Honestly I'm good with one game this year - I will watch happily at home for the rest of the season on my 55" Samsung 1080p HDTV.

So my point that people stopped going to games is wrong and proven wrong by the fact that you and others like you would prefer to watch on TV. Solid Boneyard logic.

More seating for students? They don't fill up their seats now. Better seating for students? Yeah take the double hit that the students don't really pay and take from the people who do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh and one final unpopular comment. If you don't go to the games and aren't willing to make that commitment. Shut the up about conference realignment because you have the chance to influence it for real and don't - you'd prefer to bitch on a message board about the injustices rather then go do something about fixing it.

Reaction Score
So my point that people stopped going to games is wrong and proven wrong by the fact that you and others like you would prefer to watch on TV. Solid Boneyard logic.

More seating for students? They don't fill up their seats now. Better seating for students? Yeah take the double hit that the students don't really pay and take from the people who do.

Actually, the student section was pretty full for NC State and Buffalo. It will never be full pre-Labor Day and by the time of Temple students started losing interest.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Oh and one final unpopular comment. If you don't go to the games and aren't willing to make that commitment. Shut the **** up about conference realignment because you have the chance to influence it for real and don't - you'd prefer to bitch on a message board about the injustices rather then go do something about fixing it.
Wow I guess you told me and all the other Boneyarders! I'm taking your response personally - you say I am not a supporter since it's expensive and inconvenient for me to GO to a game, so the fact that I watch the game isn't enough for you.

Funny, I thought it was TV REVENUE that is driving the whole process but I guess you know better.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow I guess you told me and all the other Boneyarders! I'm taking your response personally - you say I am not a supporter since it's expensive and inconvenient for me to GO to a game, so the fact that I watch the game isn't enough for you.

Funny, I thought it was TV REVENUE that is driving the whole process but I guess you know better.

Like I said unpopular. Don't much care, I stand by my point. If you aren't willing to attend don't complain how it turns out.

Reaction Score
Like I said unpopular. Don't much care.

Give the board some credit Whaler. I think everyone is pretty clear that you don't care much if you are popular. Just as everyone is pretty clear that HFD doesn't care much if he is sober

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It is an absolute joke that people say tickets are 'too expensive'.

I live in New London and have season tickets to Gampel and XL Center the past four seasons through the 'Husky Value' Package.

It comes to a back breaking total of....$15 a game. At Gampel my seats are in the first row of one of the corner sections and at XL you can pretty much sit wherever the hell you like in the upper level.

I spend at least two to three times the money on gas and parking (in Hartford only) than what tickets cost. I would wager that I'm coming a lot further being in New London (which is about 45-50 mins to Gampel and 50-55 mins to Hartford) than the majority of the Hartford county fanbase.

UConn won the National Championship in 2011 and I paid $15 a game the whole season. Where else are you getting that?

Sometimes the whole 'UConn screwed me!' attitude just pisses me off.

$15 Husky Value Package to see a game for a 3-Time National Champion.
$20 Top of The Rent package to see FBS Football.

Give me a ducking break with the sob stories.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Give the board some credit Whaler. I think everyone is pretty clear that you don't care much if you are popular. Just as everyone is pretty clear that HFD doesn't care much if he is sober

Touche. Although in this case I was just saying the opinion was unpopular.

This crap is driving us all nuts more lashing out than ever.

I actually see a Palatine post and can feel my blood pressure rise because I know it's infuriating.

Reaction Score
Going to games is really all about desire. Think about it. Despite all the complaints regarding pricing and inconvenience, if you really had the desire, you would make the time and find the money. Instilling (or re-instilling) that level of desire in our fan base needs to be addressed immediately.

Reaction Score
I don't go to Men's basketball games anymore because it's just not worth the money.
And to add to noeynox's statement, the ones courtside who do show up are apothetic and seemingly fairweather.
Its easier to watch it on TV then trek to Storrs or get raped in Hartford for parking and concessions.

As far as football games, I make it a point not to pay in advance for tickets.
And when I do its through special online deals to put arses in the seats.
Like the $16.00 state employee tickets.

Usually I just grab a $10.00 one outide from someone who is stuck.
Or I get them for free from Season ticket holder friends.

I guess what I am saying is UConn will not get a dime from me until they put some quailty product on the field or court.

BTW - I am a Pats season ticket holder who shells out $117.00 a game.
That's a whole different story...

There is free parking really close if you know where to look. Of course I'm not going to tell you where it is.

Reaction Score
I work in NYC so I can't get to most of the weekday hoops games. I have pretty good seats at XL (center court row L of 200s) and seats at Gampel and they are hard to give away.

And they told me they would have ticket exchange up and running for hoops and they don't. So unless I can enact physical transfers half the season will see empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom