11. Mich St (12)
  12. BYU (13)
  13. Okla (10)
  14. Iowa (16)
  15. Pitt (17)

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Cinci is in trouble if one of Alabama and OK State don’t lose.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think Oklahoma and Ohio St losing yesterday were worse case scenarios for Cinci. Michigan will leapfrog them but I can easily see Ohio State staying above them as well in the final rankings.

Reaction Score
I think Oklahoma and Ohio St losing yesterday were worse case scenarios for Cinci. Michigan will leapfrog them but I can easily see Ohio State staying above them as well in the final rankings.
No two loss team has ever made the playoff. No way OSU is above Notre Dame, and there's no way Notre Dame is above Cincy.

Reaction Score
And cincy continues to look pedestrian against aac teams. They’re not top 4, period. Although this year, there seems to be a 1 and a cluster of teams that are not 1.

Reaction Score
And cincy continues to look pedestrian against aac teams. They’re not top 4, period. Although this year, there seems to be a 1 and a cluster of teams that are not 1.
They are top 4 - they okay the schedule they play (including a win v. Top ten Notre Dame).

With that said the playoffs badly need to be expanded. I am a fan of 16 but at this point, 8 would be a good start.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Bama doesn't look so hot either. They barely beat a pedestrian Auburn team (and should have lost) and lost to an A&M team that frankly isn't that good.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The Ohio State loss at home to Oregon is looking worse as the season goes along. Now they have a second loss...Hard to see Ohio St staying above Cincy.

Cincy could help themselves with a convincing win over Houston.

Reaction Score
They are top 4 - they okay the schedule they play (including a win v. Top ten Notre Dame).

With that said the playoffs badly need to be expanded. I am a fan of 16 but at this point, 8 would be a good start.
So you had UTSA in top 4 until yesterday?

This is not about fewest losses, it’s about best 4, period. IMO, they are not a top 4 team.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Guaranteed path to the playoff:
Georgia: win
Alabama: win
Michigan: win
Cincinnati: win and loss by one of the following schools (Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma State)
Oklahoma State: win and loss by one of the following schools (Alabama, Cincinnati, Michigan)
Notre Dame: loss by two of the following schools (Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma State)

Reaction Score
Funny if Bama Michigan cinci and okla St all lose.

Then it’s Georgia ND probably Baylor and who knows. Maybe Oregon.

Reaction Score
So you had UTSA in top 4 until yesterday?

This is not about fewest losses, it’s about best 4, period. IMO, they are not a top 4 team.
I do not - I didn’t see UTSA beating a top ten team but I could be wrong.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can't help but suspect Cinci is gonna be screwed in the final announcement.

A lot of things broke their way in the past several weeks, in terms of other teams losing. It was also critical that the Notre Dame win hold its value, and it actually appreciated over the season as ND rolled over its (mostly mediocre) opposition.

But OK State's win sets up a very real possibility that the committee puts them in, and I'm also not convinced that the committee wouldn't keep a 2-loss Ohio State ahead of Cinci.

Reaction Score
Funny part is in a year or 2 cinnci would play both Oklahoma state and baylor....but this year I can see either one keeping them out of the playoff

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe Oregon.
With the pummeling they took from Utah, and a loss to a really bad Stanford team? How much can their win over Ohio St. elevate them?

Reaction Score
With the pummeling they took from Utah, and a loss to a really bad Stanford team? How much can their win over Ohio St. elevate them?
1) I said "maybe".
2) It's contingent on them beating Utah in the P12 CG.
3) Ok give me your 4 teams under the scenario I described.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
1) I said "maybe".
2) It's contingent on them beating Utah in the P12 CG.
3) Ok give me your 4 teams under the scenario I described.
Put names in a hat and pick? Yeah, I guess some combination of 4 teams have to be there.

Reaction Score
In other crazy news: Lincoln Riley leaving OU for USC. Interesting timing considering OU and UT bolting for SEC

Reaction Score
In other crazy news: Lincoln Riley leaving OU for USC. Interesting timing considering OU and UT bolting for SEC
Maybe he sees similarities to Nebraska going to the B1G. The SEC, it will be nearly impossible to win. Meanwhile he could own the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
Maybe he sees similarities to Nebraska going to the B1G. The SEC, it will be nearly impossible to win. Meanwhile he could own the PAC 12.
Good point-Nebraska made a huge mistake going to B1G.
They get a lot more $$$$ but their Football and BB programs are garbage. The only decent rivalry they have is Iowa.

Reaction Score
Good point-Nebraska made a huge mistake going to B1G.
They get a lot more $$$$ but their Football and BB programs are garbage. The only decent rivalry they have is Iowa.

Correlation <> causation

Part of NE s downfall has to do with Tom Osborne retiring + fact that big ol farm boy power offense has been superseded by speed and athleticism.
A spoiled fan saw doesn’t help.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Correlation <> causation

Part of NE s downfall has to do with Tom Osborne retiring + fact that big ol farm boy power offense has been superseded by speed and athleticism.
A spoiled fan saw doesn’t help.
I don’t think you can call NEB fans spoiled. They continue to sellout and show up through all of this. They may be the most loyal in the US, all things considered.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
They ran Frank Solich out of town because he went 10-4 every year.
Well…that is a good point. I do think they’ve learned their lesson though. And they really do show up like no other fan base would.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom