CFN, 2019 UConn Football Preview. | The Boneyard

CFN, 2019 UConn Football Preview.

Reaction Score
Very nice review. I actually thought they were a bit more optimistic than warranted, but I’m sure they haven’t sat through the weekly horror show to a true sense of the challenge. If we get to 4 or 5 Ws that would be massive improvement.

Reaction Score
It is pretty much my take. We aren’t going 11-1 but we will win a a few games this season. I could see 4 if it all goes well.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is surprised that not a single O lineman was among the top 5 offensive players? There goes my one "but at least …" thought about how 2019 UConn might have a better than just ok offense so that it would be hard to get outscored by more than 4 touchdowns a game again by FBS opponents.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is surprised that not a single O lineman was among the top 5 offensive players?
You’re not alone. At the recent Fanfest all of the O linemen were visibly bigger and each mentioned how our new strength coach has made them all (surprise) stronger. Matt Peart is ripped and ready. Add in his leadership and he’s definitely one of the top 5 players.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is surprised that not a single O lineman was among the top 5 offensive players?

I thought the top 5 was lazy... how do you put two QBs in the top 5? Sure, one of them will be the important offensive player on the team... but the other one is going to be on the sidelines. One of them isn't going to play, they can't both be top 5 players. It would have been much more accurate to put Peart on the list.

Reaction Score
I thought the top 5 was lazy... how do you put two QBs in the top 5? Sure, one of them will be the important offensive player on the team... but the other one is going to be on the sidelines. One of them isn't going to play, they can't both be top 5 players. It would have been much more accurate to put Peart on the list.
Great point, but I would like to add that right now I think Matt Peart is the heart and soul of the offense.

How can this guy name a qb with a 37% completion rate and six turnovers, in limited time, as our #2 offensive player? On top of that, he has a guy who hasn’t even set foot on campus as #5! Is our offense really going to be that bad? I can think of other players (Scott, VanDeMark, Rose) that should be on this list instead of these two guys. Good luck Huskies!

Reaction Score
As much as we want to believe, there’s not much D1 talent on this roster. We’re 3 to 4 years away

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Wow -- so the average score last year was Bad Guys 50 UConn 22?

A giant improvement would be a ten point swing, so let's see if we can lose by an average of 17 ppg this year.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is surprised that not a single O lineman was among the top 5 offensive players? There goes my one "but at least …" thought about how 2019 UConn might have a better than just ok offense so that it would be hard to get outscored by more than 4 touchdowns a game again by FBS opponents.

You are correct and of course we have significantly more invested than CFN. Peart most definitely should have been mentioned. I cant find much credibility here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom