Cervelli | The Boneyard

Cervelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Young fella needs to contain his enthusiasm. Pumping his fist like he just won the world series after a strikeout in the 6th inning of a game in August is a little over the top. Should also heed the sage advice of whomever said "act like you've been there before" when he hits the occasional dinger.

Reaction Score
Young fella needs to contain his enthusiasm. Pumping his fist like he just won the world series after a strikeout in the 6th inning of a game in August is a little over the top. Should also heed the sage advice of whomever said "act like you've been there before" when he hits the occasional dinger.

You're kidding right? You need to watch your guys a little too. He did nothing wrong but as per usual he was hit by a pitch. Can't imagine that now can we? JOKE

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

I missed the infamous clap that got Cervelli smacked by Slackey. I figured he must have done it when he was his way to first.

But no!! He clapped as he got to home plate. My God!! He was actually happy?

Sox pitchers are girls if that pisses them off.

Reaction Score
that enthusiasum is just what the yankees need, I guess i would be pissed off if I gave up a homerun to Cervelli. What about Ortiz bat flip, or the way Papelbon celebrates.

Reaction Score
I didn't have any problem with his "clap" . You see Ortiz and others (maybe Swisher too) hit a HR then get to home, step on the plate, pause and point to the sky or the stands. So, Cervelli claps and it is a big deal? Heck I can't stand when Beckett stares down a batter after he strikes them out. He made some hand motion to Gardner the other night after a strike out. So I have no problem if Cervelli shows some emotion. As for Lackey - get over it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
C'mon ... even all Redsux fans think Lackey is a . Get on the train.

Reaction Score
I didn't have any problem with his "clap" . You see Ortiz and others (maybe Swisher too) hit a HR then get to home, step on the plate, pause and point to the sky or the stands. So, Cervelli claps and it is a big deal? Heck I can't stand when Beckett stares down a batter after he strikes them out. He made some hand motion to Gardner the other night after a strike out. So I have no problem if Cervelli shows some emotion. As for Lackey - get over it.

It was interesting to watch the Yankee dugout when Cervelli came in after scoring in the 7th (the inning he was HBP). Very tepid greeting with just a few players coming over to congratulate him. They know he's a d*ck too and deserved the plunking.

Reaction Score
Quite the opposite, the players love him. It's unfortunate Lester has caught the "asswipe" bug from Beckett too. He stares down the ump when he disagrees (way too often throw a strike guy) like Lester although I haven't seen him -up with opponents yet. He does make the game real ong with his BS time between pitches but not close to Beckett who needs to be timed by umps soon as that's just not baseball.

Funny a little clap bothers people? Ellsbury claps everytime he gets a big hit and he's had quite a few of them - the fist pump the other night rounding first after the 2 run banger. I have no issues with that. Yet a guy who hits 2 homers a year hits one off of a very bood pitcher and God forbid he clebrate huh? You can't make this up.:)

Reaction Score
These unwritten rules in baseball are getting ridiculous, remember on ESPN 30 for 30 they had the series on the U one of the alums said "If you dont like the way we celebrate dont let us get into the endzone", well if you dont like a guy celebrating a HR or a K then do something about it. Speaking of celebrating home runs Sox fans never had a problem with Manny's HR pose. Cervelli plays what once a week he wont be with the team much longer, Yankee fans dont really care if he gets hurt not that we want him to get hurt, it would be different if it were say Cano or Granderson.

Reaction Score
These unwritten rules in baseball are getting ridiculous, remember on ESPN 30 for 30 they had the series on the U one of the alums said "If you dont like the way we celebrate dont let us get into the endzone", well if you dont like a guy celebrating a HR or a K then do something about it. Speaking of celebrating home runs Sox fans never had a problem with Manny's HR pose. Cervelli plays what once a week he wont be with the team much longer, Yankee fans dont really care if he gets hurt not that we want him to get hurt, it would be different if it were say Cano or Granderson.

I agree with you on all fronts. Never had a problem with Manny or Papi posing and apparently neither did the NYY because they never did anything about it. How about Arod with his posing and flip of the bat? As for Cervelli, I've never seen a catcher routinely pump his fists maniacally after a strikeout. And the Red Sox took your advice and did something about it with the 7th inning plunking. Media reports indicated that when Cervelli got to 1st base the other night he apologized to Gonzalez. If he didn't do anything wrong then why was he apologizing? Then after the game the @ssclown says "that's just Cervelli being Cervelli".

Reaction Score
im not denying that Arod has never posed with a flip of the bat, its an emotional series things get heated. Cervelli doesnt play that much and wont be on the yankees much longer with Montero and Romine coming through the system, he doesnt make a lot of money for an MLB player. If Arod did this im sure it would be on the front page of ESPN. Plunk him fine but dont complain about it. Bottom line strike the guy out, get a hit and you wont have to worry about someone celebrating. Do you know for a fact that he was apologizing, he could have been joking around, sayin something in spanish, players on both teams do get along with each other but once its between the lines of a pitch things get heated.

Reaction Score
Act like you've been there before ? That was Cervelli's THIRD career HR. He hasn't been there before, basically. The "sage advice" here would be for someone to grow a set of balls and not piss themselves when they give up go-ahead HRs to guys that basically don't ever HIT HRs.

Balls ? Really ? That gets filtered ? But not "piss". I weep for future generations

So we cannot say b alls and strikes ? There is, apparently, only one usage on planet earth for the word "b alls" ? Give me a gnikcvf break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom