Central Michigan vs Ohio State (Upset Alert) | The Boneyard

Central Michigan vs Ohio State (Upset Alert)

Reaction Score
Whoever said that there was no parity in WCBB is full of it. Look at all the also-ran mid-majors who are either winning games in the tournament or giving the Bigs trouble.

Quinnipiac certainly is a tough team. They only lost to UConn by 25, better than most teams manage. Central Michigan winning.

The only exception to 'parity" is Connecticut. And that has to do with one basketball genius. Everywhere else it's a level playing field.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Very true... Ohio State with all those big time player makes it look interesting

Reaction Score
At the end of the game, Kevin McGuff would do well to inquire about the availability of an assistant coaching position at Central Michigan when the teams shake hands.

Sting!!! But probably right!!

Reaction Score
Central Michigan are going to beat the #3 seed by more than 20 points?!? Are you kidding me?

The ranking gurus seriously need to change the way they do business. They were way far away from reality this year!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The "bigs", fat, dumb and lazy. I love it. Geno talked about the best thing about conference champions coming in is it gets the mid-majors there that the ("dummy) Committee would never select. Loving it and I know Geno is. Please, someone post McGuff's presser.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
84 - 69 Central Michigan with with 2:36 left.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Who is running the clock button on this Ohio game, the Ohio AD?

Reaction Score
They don't teach defense at Ohio State University. Although, Kelsey Mitchell was hustling like I've never seen her hustle. Not surprised to see Ohio State exit early.

The flawed RPI system needs to be junked. Tennessee, Georgia, FSU, & Ohio State were given top 16 seeds, and all lost on their home court.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kevin McGuff has never gotten his team to play great defense. Has relied on his teams to outscore opponents and so many times in Key games they are unable to. Once in a life time player in Kelsey Mitchell and they don't make the F4. Mavunga is also a good player. Two Elite players usually means a F4 Trip.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
At the end of the game, Kevin McGuff would do well to inquire about the availability of an assistant coaching position at Central Michigan when the teams shake hands.

Amazing how little his teams accomplished with the talent he had on his roster. A roster with Kelsey Mitchell, Stephanie Mavunga, Linnae Harper, and Sierra Calhoun and the best result they’ve had were two butt whoopings in the Sweet 16. I don’t know the Big Ten in great detail, but OSU is going to have a major drop off next year and could be a sub .500.

Reaction Score
Amazing how little his teams accomplished with the talent he had on his roster. A roster with Kelsey Mitchell, Stephanie Mavunga, Linnae Harper, and Sierra Calhoun and the best result they’ve had were two butt whoopings in the Sweet 16. I don’t know the Big Ten in great detail, but OSU is going to have a major drop off next year and could be a sub .500.

Exactly. They were supposed to romp to the Elite Eight!!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I am just going to be honest here. Kelsey Mitchell taking 30 shots and not getting her teammates involved in any kind of offense has been another issue besides their lack of defense. You cant dribble down the court and dribble, and dribble, and back dribble, and drive dribble and then jack up a shot when she has 4 other teammates open.. Ive watched her do it over the course of 4 years and McGuff has allowed her to do that so thats why tOSU is the way they are. I am really interested to see how she does in the WNBA when she doesnt pass to an open player but instead jacks up 3 after 3.....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I am just going to be honest here. Kelsey Mitchell taking 30 shots and not getting her teammates involved in any kind of offense has been another issue besides their lack of defense. You cant dribble down the court and dribble, and dribble, and back dribble, and drive dribble and then jack up a shot when she has 4 other teammates open.. Ive watched her do it over the course of 4 years and McGuff has allowed her to do that so thats why tOSU is the way they are. I am really interested to see how she does in the WNBA when she doesnt pass to an open player but instead jacks up 3 after 3.....

I think it’s more how the offense is designed rather than Mitchell being selfish. Thing is, Kelsey hits a good number of those shots and also gets a fair number of assists. She takes a lot of shots, but I think she’ll adjust fine to the pros where she won’t be expected to carry such a large load. A player like Meighan Simmons really struggled in that area and never really learned a good shot from a bad one.

Reaction Score
Am I correct stating that all 6 x BIG10 teams have been eliminated? Iowa & Nebraska in the 1st round. Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, Maryland in the 2nd round. And Ohio State got destroyed on their home court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom