Central Florida vs Syracuse (15) - 12/22/18 | The Boneyard

Central Florida vs Syracuse (15) - 12/22/18

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Damn, it's really a shame that this game isn't televised. Would've enjoyed seeing at least some of it.

UCF is leading Syracuse 44-41 at end of 3Q.

Reaction Score
Mangakahia has 8 ast and 7 TO in 25 min

46-46 under 7 min left

Reaction Score
UCF doesn’t foul until 3 sec left in game.
Radio guy is beside himself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
55-52 SYR with 3 sec left. UCF possession, advance on timeout.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's a real bummer. UCF was very close to beating both Central Michigan and Syracuse, just didn't finish well. They are that close to being undefeated.

I really think UCF is good enough for an at-large bid, but the problem might be not enough quality wins on their resume, since the AAC won't offer them many opportunities.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That's a real bummer. UCF was very close to beating both Central Michigan and Syracuse, just didn't finish well. They are that close to being undefeated.

I really think UCF is good enough for an at-large bid, but the problem might be not enough quality wins on their resume, since the AAC won't offer them many opportunities.

Well—there is one team in the AAC that would be a quality win ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
SYR doesn’t foul until 3 sec left in game.
Radio guy is beside himself.
I take it you mean UCF doesn't foul?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Good for aac
Nope. Only if they win.

It does say good things about UCF, but I have always thought that they are a team that could be one of the best in the AAC (across all sports). Some years ago a Rutgers alum was one of the WBB Assistant Coaches, and at the time I read some articles about the school and their sport plans and efforts.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yes, exactly one. Hence the problem.

Not to get into a verbal back and forth but if UCF knocked off UCONN (in either of the games) and win out the rest of the AAC.......they get in.

Reaction Score
Not to get into a verbal back and forth but if UCF knocked off UCONN (in either of the games) and win out the rest of the AAC..they get in.

If UCF wins one of their games vs UConn and win out the regular AAC season, their record would be a cool 26-3...providing they beat Quinnipiac on Dec 30 in Hamden. (might be a game to check out in person). They would also get a bye for the AAC tourney quarterfinals.

I'm pretty sure they would get an at large bid to tourney. One other thing, if UConn would lose one of them games to UCF, it would also satisfy some fans here that feel UConn needs to lose a game or two going into the tourney, however these fans would only be satisfied if the "bench players" had some quality minutes in that loss. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not to get into a verbal back and forth but if UCF knocked off UCONN (in either of the games) and win out the rest of the AAC..they get in.
The problem is that the AAC does not offer UCF realistically achievable quality wins. I don't believe that UConn is a team UCF can beat. If they could play some teams ranked in the 10-50 range, those would be a lot more winnable for them, as evidenced by their near-win over Syracuse.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Unless they beat USF. I think the American only gets 2 teams in. UCONN of course, and then possibly one of those other 2...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Unless they beat USF. I think the American only gets 2 teams in. UCONN of course, and then possibly one of those other 2...
Unfortunately, I don't even see USF as a top-50 team at this point. They just got through losing to Creighton and (ugh) Virginia. Massey has them at #58 right now.

If they want to have any chance at an at-large bid, USF absolutely must win their next game vs. LSU ... and then hope that Oklahoma, UCLA and/or LSU show major improvement so that at least a couple of those wins can be considered significant.

UCF, in turn, can only hope for this as well, so that a potential win over USF can be considered significant.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom