Celtics | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Celtics

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Ainge did a very good job as GM, just burnt himself out is all. As a Knicks fan I'd trade him for our brain trust any day. And Stevens is a basketball savant so it doesn't look like the Celtics are trending anywhere but up.
Yeah, I think I agree with all of that. Ainge definitely got to the point where it felt like he was trying to win every trade instead of trying to create as good a team as possible, and moving onto Stevens was the right call.

But Ainge also did most of the legwork of building a team that's made 4 ECFs and one final in six years. That's really good!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think I agree with all of that. Ainge definitely got to the point where it felt like he was trying to win every trade instead of trying to create as good a team as possible, and moving onto Stevens was the right call.
I've been saying that for years and you called it a weird take. Weird.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit wary of a rapid decline from Al. He's 36 and was somewhat inconsistent in the playoffs game to game (especially in the rounds that played games more frequently). Inconsistency is the first stage before drop-off. It's important to fill out the bench, but he's a starter.

Since they don't grow on trees, you have to prioritize finding one, and unfortunately they don't have much draft pick capital anymore.
This one is a bit interesting, although obviously a much worse defender and not a stretch big. But the playmaking is at least something different than what Timelord gives you from the 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom