Celebs both well known and obscure that you have more than just met | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Celebs both well known and obscure that you have more than just met

Reaction Score
I was at a swanky underground bar with a woman years ago when George Clooney came in with friends. Of course my date flipped out and wanted to meet him so I went over and very nicely asked him if she could say hello. He actually invited us to join them, which we did. He's as nice as advertised and talked to me about his career, why he was in the city etc. I ran into him in the bathroom later that night and he laughed when I told him to stop following me around like the paparazzi. He apologized and even remembered my name.

Also worked closely on a project with Max Joseph from MTV's Catfish. Flew out and spent an afternoon brainstorming ideas at his place over a beer etc. Also a nice guy.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Met Kobe in lobby of The Plaza in NYC back in late 90’s while Lakers were in town to play Knicks.. (so wish camera phones were a thing back then)

Talked to Brad Stevens on JetBlue flight last summer on way back from summer league. Super nice guy and was sitting in standard seat back in the 20th row. Asked him if he had any ill will towards Kemba for 2011 NCAA title :D

Reaction Score
Met Kobe in lobby of The Plaza in NYC back in late 90’s while Lakers were in town to play Knicks.. (so wish camera phones were a thing back then)

Talked to Brad Stevens on JetBlue flight last summer on way back from summer league. Super nice guy and was sitting in standard seat back in the 20th row. Asked him if he had any ill will towards Kemba for 2011 NCAA title :D
How did he reply to that? Lol

Reaction Score
I stood behind Arnold Schwarzenegger in Paris at Au Pied du Cochon (Pigs feet) way back when he was Mr. Universe. He was pissed he had to stand in line "Don''t they know who I am" he said in his accented English and then left with his girlfriend.
I laughed way to hard at this story for some reason. Thats just hilarious to me. How did you know who he was?

Reaction Score
Just out of high school with my 3 best friends and camping on Martha's Vineyard. When we arrived at the Vineyard Haven port authority we noticed Carly Simon with a big white brimmed hat and a throw over white dress on a gorgeous sunny day with a fine breeze, just hanging in the area by herself. One of us just blurted out "hey you're so vain".....and she promptly walked over to us and just started a conversation that last about 20-30 minutes. Really a treat with that voice and striking beauty. She was on the cover of People at the time in 1978. I'll never forget when she bent over to fix her shoe where we all got an unexpected full frontal view. It ended when her hubby showed up and picked her up in a yellow cab....JT of course.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I spent a few summers during high school working at lake compounce in Bristol ct. one late summer Day-ESPN rented out the place and I worked that day. All of the personalities were there and several athletes... was there— Franco Harris, joe theisman a few more but I forget. They even hired Huey Lewis to play.
I had to take a bio break—I head the closest rest room see an urinal next to some older guy.
you guys know the rules.. you keep your head down for the most part but occasionally you look at the person next to you
In this case I make eye Contact (read: eye contact) and nod my head—you know the “what’s up “ motion
Then I say to myself— holy cow.. it’s dickie v!
I go tell my co-workers “I just met dick vitale while taking a whiz!”
Many
Bad
Jokes
All
Day

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I laughed way to hard at this story for some reason. Thats just hilarious to me. How did you know who he was?
we were behind him for about 15 minutes and he complained the whole time! - His arms were the size of my legs (he wore a shirt that showed his biceps and it’s hard to remember that before he was a star and governor that he was popular back then as Mr. Universe - This was 1980. He had a very attractive woman with him as well. His voice also sounded pretty much like it does today.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I also have to add as a little kid I met most of the N.Y. giants in Fairfield - either at their practices at Fairfield U or at Friendlys. YA tittle, frank Gifford, Sam huff, Fran Tarkington - I was a Minnesota fan for a while after he joined them.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I once had to tell Mia Farrow that there was a terrorist threat against her while she was visiting refugees in Kenya.

Reaction Score
Waited on rob carpenter and Scott Stevens in a friendly s restaurant in the mid 80’s told them the whale was going to kick their butts ( caps won )

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Sarah Jessica Parker was a babysitter for my brothers and i. I've never done the math, but I'm guessing she was staying with a host family while acting on Broadway, possibly in Annie.

Anyway, she had bad timing on her last stint - my parents had just taken us to see Superman. While she was sitting, my middle brother (still a knucklehead) decides to "superman" directly through the living room glass coffee table!

It clearly stuck - my Dad went to see her on Broadway maybe 10 years ago, and sent a note backstage. She dashed out to see him post-show, and couldn't have been nicer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Amber and Boston Rob from Survivor fame have settled down nearby where I live. See them and their family at church and after mass for coffee and donut socials.
Nice folks, blend in nicely.
Some of our friends have kids the same age as theirs and know them a bit better.
Haven't heard a bad word about either one.

Reaction Score
The most obscure celebrity I’ve met is the writer of “The Fantastics”. The longest running play on Broadway. I’ve met a lot of celebrities working and living in West Hartford center and growing up in Litchfield. I would also put E from entourage on the list. He has to be a midget legally but he was honestly a really nice guy. He took pictures with anyone who asked and tipped well.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Here is one for obscure and I am sure if other people go out in Blue Back Square you have met him as well...

My wife and I met after work for happy hour at Vinted in West Hartford. She was still on maternity leave with our son, so she desperately needed to get out of the house. Our waiter mid conversation with us asks if we are Adam Sandler fans then opens the door and yells "Dante!" Sure enough Peter Dante waves and walks from across the street and comes and joins us for 45 min or so.

Really down to earth and nice guy. Chatted about life, sports, and and just general conversational topics. He is a big lacrosse guy and played in college as well as coaches now. Dante went to Conard High School so my wife and him chatted about that since that is where she went as well and be still has family in West Hartford so he is back in that area fairly often. Took a nice picture with him and our one month old son.

While attending UConn I played a ton of pick up basketball, so like many of us I got to play in some games with men's and women's players. I remember playing in one game early on a Saturday morning and got the task of guarding one of the women's players I forget her name. At that time in my life I greatly underestimated the talent of D1 women's players. Let's just say she made me look a fool in the beginning because I was giving her too much room to try and help double down low on Chuck O. Lethal jump shot and sneaky quick. It got the point where my only option was to get physical and just use my strength to muscle her around and throw her off her game. I stripped Chuck O on a double team, that's what you get for bringing the ball down where us little guys are, then took her coast to coast for a layup looking for contact all the way. Should have been an and 1. Ultimately I would say she got the better of me throughout the game unfortunately. That is what I get for playing her soft the first few possessions.

Reaction Score
I have a list but I’ll keep this to Big East. I have gone to most BETs. In 1986 I was a bit underage drinking in the pub that is part of MSG but opens to the outside sidewalk. Charley’s I think it was. The quarter finals just ended and BC was eliminated, and Gary Williams, his wife, and another couple came in and sat in a booth. Our group of 5 or 6 Nova students scraped together cash to buy his table a round of drinks. The waitress delivered them, pointed to us at the bar, and we air toasted across the room. We expect that’s the end of it, and we don’t go over and harass them.

About 10 minutes later he walks over to us and taps us on the shoulders and buys us a round. We chat for 5 to 10 minutes. He said that he loves tournament week in NYC and the whole Big East vibe. He is tickled that a bunch of Nova students would buy the BC coach’s group a round.

We mostly talked BET and hoops. At the time he was rumored to be going to Ohio State. I asked if he was going and he politely said “no comment” and smiled. I said “if you like this tournament so much why are you leaving?” He laughed and didn’t answer, taking the press comfortably.

He was super nice and personable. He didn’t have to come over and chat us up, leaving his table and group. He genuinely loved the interaction though and was full of energy. Nice memory. I was happy he won a title at Maryland.

RON

Reaction Score
Don Henley - kings of leon -cage the elephant- my morning jacket- Manchester O- Elton john- silver sun pickups- butch walker- basically lots of music people.
Butch Walker is cool as he'll. He visits Charleston, SC often. Extremely underrated and a great live performer.

RON

Reaction Score
Played Hockey a few times with Dennis Leary. Drop dead funny in real life as well. Tells stories that make you pee your pants. Wonderful father who didn't allow us to swear in front of his kids. Extremely generous. Just requires he gets treated normally and not like a celebrity.

Reaction Score
I was part of the executive team at Beavercreek/Vail years ago and I gave Clint Eastwood a personal tour of Beavercreek. He is a great guy.

Reaction Score
My neighbors in chapel hill briefly (they moved about a year after I got there) were the authors of the Animorphs books. Very nice couple. Was cool because my brother read the books as a kid and they were part of what got him into animals and wanting to be a veterinarian...which he eventually became.

Reaction Score
Played Hockey a few times with Dennis Leary. Drop dead funny in real life as well. Tells stories that make you pee your pants. Wonderful father who didn't allow us to swear in front of his kids. Extremely generous. Just requires he gets treated normally and not like a celebrity.
I remember one summer I would see him all the time at the Community Field basketball court in Litchfield playing street hockey with the guys from the bike shop.

Reaction Score
Interesting topic. I am not a celebrity chaser because I pretty much keep to myself, but, I have met a couple.

20 years ago, I was at a county convention and met Dubya (President G.W. Bush) when he was the governor, just before he announced he was going to run. After he spoke, he left the podium and walked down our aisle and for no apparent reason, he stopped at our row and talked to us for a while. We talked and shook his hand, he was very friendly.

I met Earl Campbell on several occasions; twice at the same car wash! He was very down to earth, very nice and engaging. One time, he was eating a McDonalds breakfast and asked us to wait until he got done to get a picture with him. After he got done, we just sat on the bench next to him and talked for quite a while. He was alone and didn’t rush us off nor was he in a hurry to go anywhere. This had to be one of my favorite encounters.

This next encounter wasn’t really a meet or greet or even a get acquainted thing, per se, but it was a moment that both of us knew happened. In 1982, at the Springfield Creamery’s 2nd Field trip (an outdoor Grateful Dead concert) in Veneta, Oregon is where it happened. With thousands of zombied deadheads jumping around in circles listening and dancing to their own imaginations, the moment happened.

I made my way up to the front of the stage just to take it all in and experience the experience. With 30,000+ in attendance, you would think that it would be shoulder to shoulder up there, but, for some reason or another, I was standing alone in the middle of a 20’ to 30’ radius looking up at the stage. As I was watching Jerry Garcia play, we made eye contact. I know, so you made eye contact, big deal…yea…you may be right. But, none the less, we made eye contact, and we both knew it. He gave me a thumbs up and I returned one to him. To me, that was awesome! Afterwards, Jerry just kept on playing. After all these years, I would have to say that this is still one of my favorite moments.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I played 3 on 3 hoop behind the Jungle with Earl Kelley. He was pretty good.
He can still play and shoot like its 1984. I’m not kidding

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Not me, but my dad went to college with Don Ho. Got into a lot of trouble together.

Reaction Score
I dated a beautiful little Asian girl when I lived in NYC way back when. Her uncle was president of South Korea.

She was adorable. He was assassinated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom