CD's NCAA Pregame Availability | The Boneyard

CD's NCAA Pregame Availability

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's great. Definitely has a different way of speaking and gives a different perspective from Geno. I actually wish we'd hear from her more often. She has some great insight and comments that we don't often hear from Geno...

Reaction Score
Prior to the SNY contract, when they were on CT Public TV, CD gave the halftime interview instead of Geno. She always had some interesting comments. it was great getting her perspective.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Who is "Ben"? I gather he is normally the video coordinator, but apparently he has permission to function as an assistant coach in Shea's absence. Does anyone know more about him?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who is "Ben"? I gather he is normally the video coordinator, but apparently he has permission to function as an assistant coach in Shea's absence. Does anyone know more about him?
Interesting in the CW / Liv presser, the kids really like him. In CW's words, he is very competitive and talks a lot of s# :eek::eek:

Reaction Score
SOOOOO ....... glad CD never had the desire to go off and head a program of her own. She obviously has the abilities required and HOF bio. Love her interviews minus the wise cracks and snark that Geno brings. (Both things I love about Geno.) A dynamic duo with accomplishments that may never be repeated in the history of sports.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thank you CD for finally reminding ANY media members when they ask question about what they are doing that, YES, they have school and classes to attend while here. She even noted that some had an "earlier" class than usual due to the time zone! NO ONE else has asked about that. Not sure who the guy was on the AP All-American zoom call yesterday with Paige, Smith, Evans, Howard and Boston but not once did he ask nor did any of these young ladies state they had homework or classes to attend. Yee gads! Netflix, Xbox, hanging out in other rooms....SMH

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She's great. Definitely has a different way of speaking and gives a different perspective from Geno. I actually wish we'd hear from her more often. She has some great insight and comments that we don't often hear from Geno...
and now I know where KLS got her swaying back and forth from side to side from...jeesh CD, swivel much? :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ben Kantor is the Ast Director of Video Svcs for WBB. He had a similar position at Memphis, I believe. But before that he was an assistant basketball coach at Houston Baptist and Colgate.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you CD for finally reminding ANY media members when they ask question about what they are doing that, YES, they have school and classes to attend while here. She even noted that some had an "earlier" class than usual due to the time zone! NO ONE else has asked about that. Not sure who the guy was on the AP All-American zoom call yesterday with Paige, Smith, Evans, Howard and Boston but not once did he ask nor did any of these young ladies state they had homework or classes to attend. Yee gads! Netflix, Xbox, hanging out in other rooms....SMH
She just comes off as competent knowledgeable and in control. Plus she seems likeable. I couldn't help but think she'd be a great head coach somewhere. I'm glad she stayed at Connecticut.

Reaction Score
CD is always a class act and great coach. I would like to hear from her more often also. However, Geno cracks me up often.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They asked Geno about Paige but would have enjoyed CD responding to such a question.

Reaction Score
We have CD, and they don't!
When I think of self-deprecating people like CD, content to be in the background and to do the work that is seldom noticed or commented upon, I think of these lines from William Wordsworth:
“The best portion of a good (wo)man's life: h(er) little, nameless unremembered acts of kindness and of love.”
CD is instrumental in providing the values and atmosphere that contribute so much to the pride we all take in the UConn wcbb program. We don't thank her nearly enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom