CD played great. She had some awesome hustle rebounds. | The Boneyard

CD played great. She had some awesome hustle rebounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup - I thought she played a really good game. She Banks and Faris were impressive. I thought Bria got better as the game went on.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
CD' thought she was Kelly Faris out there.

Reaction Score
Why didn't she shoot when opened? Instead she dumped the ball to Dolson or whoever when they covered resulting in missed shot or turnover. 0 point 0/2 shooting. She did moved real well, great defense and ball control, but I remember her as a great shooter.

Reaction Score
Why didn't she shoot when opened? Instead she dumped the ball to Dolson or whoever when they covered resulting in missed shot or turnover. 0 point 0/2 shooting. She did moved real well, great defense and ball control, but I remember her as a great shooter.

In addition she passed up several fast break opportunities. Her lack of aggressive play on offense and Hartley's inability to dribble gives opponents a solid opportunity to really guard everyone on Uconn out past to 3 point line. If Uconn's pg's can't beat their defender who is pressing them 25 feet from the basket it makes it very hard to get penetration or entry passes. Banks in there completely changes the defense rotation by opponents. Uconn's current pg play will be a big disadvantage against the top 5 teams.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In addition she passed up several fast break opportunities. Her lack of aggressive play on offense and Hartley's inability to dribble gives opponents a solid opportunity to really guard everyone on Uconn out past to 3 point line. If Uconn's pg's can't beat their defender who is pressing them 25 feet from the basket it makes it very hard to get penetration or entry passes. Banks in there completely changes the defense rotation by opponents. Uconn's current pg play will be a big disadvantage against the top 5 teams.
You beat them with picks and passes, not dribbling aggressively.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You beat them with picks and passes, not dribbling aggressively.
My observation is that CD wass very tentative about her shot, and that may be part of the reason it's not going in. CD had one assist to 3 Turnovers.

After Kelly missed her first (and only) 3 point attempt, I really liked how she drove to the basket (at least four times.) I don't remember seeing much of that in previous years. But that is what CD needs to do if her shot isn't falling.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My observation is that CD wass very tentative about her shot, and that may be part of the reason it's not going in. CD had one assist to 3 Turnovers.

After Kelly missed her first (and only) 3 point attempt, I really liked how she drove to the basket (at least four times.) I don't remember seeing much of that in previous years. But that is what CD needs to do if her shot isn't falling.
Last year Kelly regularly drove the baseline from the corner.

Reaction Score

I can safely say that there were a bunch of interior passes she threw that should have resulted in scores but for blown shots, a few being layups. Her assist total wasn't indicative of what it should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom