CD is in!!! | The Boneyard

CD is in!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know in general Chris doesn't "care" about being in the spotlight - she's been Geno's indispensable Assoc. HC for as long as he's been at UCONN.

But I was thrilled that the fans at Gampel gave her a long and rousing ovation, and deservedly so. I hope she takes some time on a personal level to appreciate and bask in the glow of what she's helped build. She's truly amazing!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
First college team in history with 2 HoF coaches on benxh
Nope. CVS and Marianne Stanley back in 2007 and I think 2008. It was mentioned quite a bit at the time.

I thought of Mulkey and Barmore some time ago at Baylor, but turns out that Mulkey is in the HOF as a player, not a coach.

That said, this is the first year for non-head coaches. So glad that Chris was one of the first. While I don't think most assistants / associates rise to HOF level, glad to see them being recognized when they do.

Reaction Score
I know in general Chris doesn't "care" about being in the spotlight - she's been Geno's indispensable Assoc. HC for as long as he's been at UCONN.

But I was thrilled that the fans at Gampel gave her a long and rousing ovation, and deservedly so. I hope she takes some time on a personal level to appreciate and bask in the glow of what she's helped build. She's truly amazing!
EricLa that was beautifully stated. She deserves this and any other accolades she receives.
Geno would not be Geno without her and vice versa. Amazing how they complement one another. It's s model for any leaders in any field to examine and study.
Congrats!!!
Bronx23

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Cheers for Chris. Did ESPN show the announcement and the standing O? I didn't notice it if it occurred.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Obvious question: at any point in the future will an associate head coach get into the Naismith HOF in Springfield?

Adding: My guess would be 'no'. Having said that there are quite a few who do get into the Naismith HOF as 'contributors'...Dick Vitale and our own Rebecca for two.
Might Chris....or Micki....or any other associate coach who has 'contributed' to the max get voted in under that heading?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom