CD at Travelers Celebrity ProAm | The Boneyard

CD at Travelers Celebrity ProAm

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Regarding ONO and CW, Chris said they will likely get thrown into the fire early. :):(:confused: (Mixed Emotions)
CD also says they are 2 tough kids and they are not backing down. Between their talent and their personalities, I think they will be exceptional freshmen.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the "no backing down" I love it. They got the memo!

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
More from Carl and CD:

Samuelson's surgery repaired shredded lateral ligaments and she also had a torn tendon in the ankle. There was no bone or cartilage damage found.

The Huntington Beach, California, native missed four November contests -- including her homecoming game at UCLA -- with a left foot sprain. She hurt the ankle in her first game back against Notre Dame on Dec. 3 and aggravated the injury on Jan. 18versus Tulsa. She missed the game at Temple three days later and played the rest of the season with a brace on the ankle. In 32 games, Samuelson averaged 17.4 points, and career highs 4.5 rebounds and 3.8 assists.

Remarkable what Lou was able to accomplish given the extent of her injury.

Update on Shea from CD:

The next adjustment will come any day as assistant coach Shea Ralph is set to deliver her first baby.

"I don't remember a spring with this much change and uncertainty with what we're doing and how is this going to work," Dailey said. "But you know what? We've always adapted and whatever comes our way we'll handle. We're hoping Shea has a healthy baby and that she'll be able to rest up and we'll cover what we have to cover when she's not there. I hope next week we'll be celebrating the birth of a new Husky."

UConn Notebook: Chris Dailey pays tribute to Anne Donovan

Reaction Score
between player graduations, injuries and promising incoming freshmen, I can't remember a season where you simply had no idea what kind of UConn team you had to look forward to........it's going to be an interesting journey hopefully filled with many more positive surprises then negative ones.........

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="UConnCat, post: 2757985, member: 15" Samuelson's surgery repaired shredded lateral ligaments and she also had a torn tendon in the ankle. [/QUOTE]

Shredded ligaments. Torn tendon. Ugh.

Nevertheless, first team All American. Conference POY. Best three point shooter % wise in the entire country. Emotional leader of her team. Improved her defense, rebounding and passing even though she was playing in pain and on one leg, with limited practice.

Adversity does not necessarily build character, but it certainly reveals it. We learned a lot about Lou during the 2017-2018 season. All good.

Keep working, Lou. Looking forward to seeing you playing pain free and unleashing your full arsenal of talent next year.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="UConnCat, post: 2757985, member: 15" Samuelson's surgery repaired shredded lateral ligaments and she also had a torn tendon in the ankle.

Adversity does not necessarily build character, but it certainly reveals it. We learned a lot about Lou during the 2017-2018 season. All good.

HUSKEE: Adversity quote outstanding! Original with you? Either way, among the best - thanks.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

HUSKEE: Adversity quote outstanding! Original with you? Either way, among the best - thanks.

I think Vince Lombardi gets the credit for that one. Thanks!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The toughening process started very early for Lou, getting the tar beat out of her in one on ones with her Karlie and Bonnie. "They beat me up as much as they could" (around 1:10 in video)

Reaction Score
I think Vince Lombardi gets the credit for that one. Thanks!

HUSK: I see; well in my book, that is pretty damn fine company for ya. (And, thanks for the clarification re source.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom