Cc Renegotiates | The Boneyard

Cc Renegotiates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adds another year and $30MM to the $92MM that was remaining on his contract. So you can look at it as either they are paying him $30MM in 2016 or $24.4MM on average each of the next 5 years. Basically upping him just a tad over the $24MM Cliff Lee got so that he's the highest paid pitcher in baseball, although CC says it was never about money or anything like that (hmm not about the ego thing of being the highest paid pitcher - although to be fair I'd guess that's simply his agent dooing his job)?!
Well then what exaclty is the contract for? At the end of the article he promises to lose weight! Paraphrasing; 'when I was making $23MM per year it was ok to be fat but now for an extra $1.4MM per year and now that I'm going to pitch until I'm 36 I think its time to start behaving like a professional athlete.'

Not bashing the Yankees here at all, good job by them doing exactly what they should and had to do. And he has been great for them. Just the system is ridiculous and no one should be making what averages to +$900K per start or $103,000 per inning pitched.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Money is outrageous for sure, but he's been one of the only bright spots in a fiasco of Yankee pitcher signing in the last handful of years (Pavano, Igawa, Burnett) ... they needed him to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom