CC in the hall of fame? | The Boneyard

CC in the hall of fame?

Reaction Score
He may not be the unanimous selection that Mariano was, but I don't see any way that CC is not in the HOF. 3000 K's, a Cy Young award and a World Series winner, he should be a first ballot guy. If Jack Morris is in, than CC is most definitely in. The question will be whether his bust bears a Cleveland hat or a Yankee hat.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree with the folks who say that he's a HOF but he may have to wait a few years like Mussina. 3000 Ks is an impressive benchmark. Only 2 pitchers have hit 3K and are not in the Hall...and Clemens and Schilling will ultimately get in once their blacklists are lifted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I agree with the folks who say that he's a HOF but he may have to wait a few years like Mussina. 3000 Ks is an impressive benchmark. Only 2 pitchers have hit 3K and are not in the Hall...and Clemens and Schilling will ultimately get in once their blacklists are lifted.

Yeah, he'll likely get in 3-5 years after eligibility. Might go in 1st or 2nd year if there's not much competition. Doesn't tick all the boxes and his era of dominance was really only 3-4 years, not the typical 7 or so that is usually the yardstick. But the counting numbers still count and you're not leaving out a guy with 3000 Ks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's had a long tradition of existence in the Show. That seems to be enough these days. He's more Mussina than Pedro.

Reaction Score
Yes, he stats are solid and has been dominat at times in the regualr season and post season. I also like how his has changed his game from a flamethrower in his younger days to a trickster today. As others have said, it will take a few years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What does this mean?

It means he had many real good years but never hit the peak of Pedro. He'll end up with bigger numbers than Pedro but not as dominant.

How about more Sutton than Koufax?

For the record, I'm all for CC being in the HOF. He has the CY, he was the ace on WS teams and he was a top 5 pitcher for a decade. That's enough for me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How about more Sutton than Koufax?
Good one. Koufax was great. Sutton pitched all those years and he never finished Top 5 in Cy Young voting. Most years he wasn't even the ace of his own staff. But he has numbers.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
peeeetty. big fun that guy. as I remember it, he was our arch-enemy in an unprecedented way. manny, ortiz, even schilling were 'the bad guys' but it never quite felt like the 'I hate peeety' thing, in a sports hate as opposed to real hate kinda way. maybe it was the zimmer throwdown thing, but I always felt it was his unique goofy/fun personality. hey peeety, I hate you, can we take a picture together?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It means he had many real good years but never hit the peak of Pedro...
Not many pitchers have. The a statement was confusing because Pedro and Mussina had the same length of career, so you can't just call CC a compiler, as Mussina might be considered. I don't know if CC is more Mussina than Pedro, but he is between them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not many pitchers have. The a statement was confusing because Pedro and Mussina had the same length of career, so you can't just call CC a compiler, as Mussina might be considered. I don't know if CC is more Mussina than Pedro, but he is between them.

Definitely in between and closer to Mussina than Pedro.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think Mussina is a HoFer. I think CC probably is. What I meant was that CC is closer to Mussina than Pedro on the overall greatness scale, but most definitely ahead of Mussina. I probably just confused the matter but it made sense in my head when I wrote it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think he already is in the Wooster St Pizza hall of fame for completing the two large pizzas with all the toppings baking into a calzone challenge

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom