CBSSports.com: College basketball scores, weekend takeaways | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com: College basketball scores, weekend takeaways

Reaction Score
Nice to see such positive national press. It's been a while. Long write up on the Huskies (I just pasted part of it here) plus a video talking about them. Update on Bouknight in there also (sounds positive).

6. At 6-1, UConn is arriving right on time

On Saturday UConn played its first game at Hinkle Fieldhouse and won 72-60 despite not having James Bouknight (elbow injury earlier in the week vs. Marquette). The Huskies sank 10 3-pointers and had 28 bench points, including 19 from Tyler Polley. This was Butler with Aaron Thompson back and playing 37 minutes. Wins like this don't garner national attention, but they offer evidence to a team's broader objective within a season.

UConn can be the third-best team in the Big East this season, behind Nova and Creighton.

Something's changed since UConn went into halftime on Jan. down 41-23 at Marquette. The Huskies have scored 114 their last 60 minutes of play, while opponents have managed 83. UConn's 3-1 in the Big East and 6-1 overall. Dan Hurley heavily prides himself on culture building and turning positive results by the third year of his coaching tenure. That's showing with UConn at the moment.

Video of them talking about UConn (first minute):

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
should, could, blah, blah. we're not undefeated. and it's not because RJ missed 2 free throws. the end of that game was a breakdown from top to bottom. can we move on anytime soon? or do you guys think that was the defining game of the season. if you do, you suck as UConn fans.

Reaction Score
should, could, blah, blah. we're not undefeated. and it's not because RJ missed 2 free throws. the end of that game was a breakdown from top to bottom. can we move on anytime soon? or do you guys think that was the defining game of the season. if you do, you suck as UConn fans.
Relax, his statement was a testament to how good we are.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Relax, his statement was a testament to how good we are.
cool, then just say so. don't whine incessantly about a game we lost.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm not the only one that won't let go of that Creighton game. Lol
We should be undefeated.
I was pained by the loss at the time, but I’ll take 6-1 with our only loss by 2 to a top 10 team. The way I look at it, we weren’t going to have an undefeated season anyways, so hopefully that loss taught us how to win close games like that next time. Taking a 30,000 foot view of where we are at this point of the season, it’s good to be a Husky fan again.

Reaction Score
We should be undefeated.
I guess their coach hasn't let go of that game either. Lol

“Whether we’re ranked or not in any of the polls, obviously it’s validation,” said coach Dan Hurley. “I think it’s important for the brand, just in terms of the rebuild and where we’re at. But I think, just based on the way we’ve played through the seven games — minus the last 12 seconds of the Creighton game — we should be on a 12-game program winning streak.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom