CBSSports.com college basketball 1-357 rankings | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com college basketball 1-357 rankings

Reaction Score
43. UConn: The Huskies will be close to NCAA Tournament material in three months' time. James Bouknight is a ball of fun and he'll fill it up, but he won't be the only one. I want to see R.J. Cole take over a few Big East games. He was an outright scoring stud (but volume-heavy) while at Howard his first two seasons. If Akok Akok recovers fully from his torn Achilles by midseason Hurley will have enough defensively to finish five or six games above .500 in a 27-game campaign. Oh, and of course: UConn and the Big East are back together, so 2020 isn't all bad.

Reaction Score
Usually people mean "subtract losses from total wins" and you get the .500 number. So yeah 16-11 is 5 games over .500. Because it is how many games need to be played to get back to .500 (either losses or wins for above or below).

Mathematically, you can't go 6 games over .500 with a 27 game schedule, though.

We're playing way less cupcakes and a tough schedule. KenPom has us going 3-2 in the first 5 BE games. 5 games over .500 would be acceptable to me and gets us in the tournament.

Last edited:

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
See I read their comment differently. The records you are showing are 13 and 15 games above .500. I just think they could have worded it differently.

No you're correct. I literally did a "literal" break down of a what .500 would be (13.5) and added 6-7 wins to it whilst giving us the benefit of rounding up lol.

Reaction Score
No you're correct. I literally did a "literal" break down of a what .500 would be (13.5) and added 6-7 wins to it whilst giving us the benefit of rounding up lol.
No offense intended, but are you new to sports? The math you did has nothing to do with talking about sports. 11-11 is .500 17-11 is 6 games over .500

Reaction Score
No offense intended, but are you new to sports? The math you did has nothing to do with talking about sports. 11-11 is .500 17-11 is 6 games over .500
Maybe it's that new math that they are teaching kids nowadays.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score

It was a joke. Which is why I said "sorry to be so literal", with the smile emoji. I was buffing up the record.

Good grief.

Maybe it's that new math that they are teaching kids nowadays.

Maybe so, I haven't been in school in roughly 20 years.

Reaction Score
Overranked: Illinois, San Diego State, Maryland, Butler, Davidson, Mississippi State

Underranked: Iowa, Florida State, UConn, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Loyola-Chicago, St. Bonaventure, Boise State.

With the increased likelihood of more people working from home and more games being played on non-prime time slots this has a chance to be the funnest and most unique college basketball season ever.

I could totally see something like a Furman vs UNC Greensboro game played on 1 PM on a Wednesday to encourage more people to watch the games TV/streaming. Previous years, that game would be played at 7 PM buried amongst a loaded schedule but fan-less games makes for some excellent matchups during unorthodox time slots. Can't wait.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Overranked: Illinois, San Diego State, Maryland, Butler, Davidson, Mississippi State

Underranked: Iowa, Florida State, UConn, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Loyola-Chicago, St. Bonaventure, Boise State.

With the increased likelihood of more people working from home and more games being played on non-prime time slots this has a chance to be the funnest and most unique college basketball season ever.

I could totally see something like a Furman vs UNC Greensboro game played on 1 PM on a Wednesday to encourage more people to watch the games TV/streaming. Previous years, that game would be played at 7 PM buried amongst a loaded schedule but fan-less games makes for some excellent matchups during unorthodox time slots. Can't wait.
Illinois is gonna be scary good, why do you think they're overranked?

Reaction Score
Illinois is gonna be scary good, why do you think they're overranked?
I think they'll be excellent, just not as good as Iowa or Wisconsin. I'd put them in the 10-15 range.

Ayo is the man and one of the most exciting players in the NCAA, but their defense doesn't scare anyone and their backcourt is a bit too young for me to think of a Final Four possibility.

Reaction Score

I'll take college hoops all day long! It'd be a treat!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom