CBSSports.com: 2015-16 AAC predictions | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com: 2015-16 AAC predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...onference-predictions-what-to-expect-from-smu

Picked to finish 2nd because one writer just goes out of his way all the time to beat down UConn. Or am I imagining things? Doesn't he live in CT?

I'll go with imagining things. Preview is fair, describes UConn as one of the most dangerous team in the country. Provides accurate info regarding 5th year transfer impacts, gives props to Adams too. I disagree with the writers who dropped UConn lower than second, but that's me.

Reaction Score
norlander lmao. not even trying to be covert anymore

Reaction Score
I'll go with imagining things. Preview is fair, describes UConn as one of the most dangerous team in the country. Provides accurate info regarding 5th year transfer impacts, gives props to Adams too. I disagree with the writers who dropped UConn lower than second, but that's me.
That's what I was talking about. Norlander seems to go out of his way all the time to dump on UConn. I'd be pretty disappointed if UConn finishes 4th in the AAC this year. I had no problem with the rest of the stuff.

Palm's analysis is usually pretty heavily influenced by statistics. And there are so many new parts on this team that using last year's numbers aren't a fair analysis of this team. So I'll give Palm a pass on his prediction.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Norlander has a bearish opinion on UConn in every context and every situation. He may have convinced himself that he really believes that Tulsa's worse roster and worse coach are going to result in a better team than UConn, but that opinion is absolutely painted by the fact that he loathes UConn fans.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Who really cares what one hater thinks? I've never heard of him and I'm sure none of my friends have heard of him either. He's a nobody. UConn will leave it all on the court and prove this moron wrong.

Reaction Score
Who really cares what one hater thinks? I've never heard of him and I'm sure none of my friends have heard of him either. He's a nobody. UConn will leave it all on the court and prove this moron wrong.
He did pull of blue steel though

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
How come Duke and Kentucky never seem to have these "haters" in the media.

Reaction Score
Who knows. I just think of him as a kid who hates UConn fans and has a giants dump in his pants.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Imagining things...it's like people here are looking for reasons to complain at this point. So what if a couple "analysts" picked us fourth. All the rest have us 1-2 and being tied for 2nd with only a very good SMU team ahead of us is a fair assessment until we prove we are deserving of the first spot. The description even called us one of the most dangerous teams in the country. What more do you want, for them to announce us as national champs?

Reaction Score
Imagining things...it's like people here are looking for reasons to complain at this point. So what if a couple "analysts" picked us fourth. All the rest have us 1-2 and being tied for 2nd with only a very good SMU team ahead of us is a fair assessment until we prove we are deserving of the first spot. The description even called us one of the most dangerous teams in the country. What more do you want, for them to announce us as national champs?

This isn't about the description, or even the article. This is specifically about Matt Norlander, who takes every opportunity he can to dump on UConn. It's unprofessional, and it's not unreasonable for fans to be annoyed by it. There's a sizable gap between "announcing us as national champs" and "picking us to finish behind Tulsa," wouldn't you say?

Reaction Score
This isn't about the description, or even the article. This is specifically about Matt Norlander, who takes every opportunity he can to dump on UConn. It's unprofessional, and it's not unreasonable for fans to be annoyed by it. There's a sizable gap between "announcing us as national champs" and "picking us to finish behind Tulsa," wouldn't you say?

My point is that articles like this should be posted mentioning the positives, which include good talk about every starter and the overall team potential (plus KO as coach of the year), rather than focusing on what one clueless analyst picked us to finish. The hater himself Norlander even commented saying "Basically think UConn will finish one game back in league standings and will easily make NCAAs, so not that down on 15-16 Dogs." Do I think we will finish fourth? No. Do I think his prediction is completely unreasonable? No.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think it's a bad look to have fans complaining every time someone doesn't rate/hype our team as much as we think they should. If we come out and handle business early in the season these analysts will shut their mouths real quick.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Agreed. Especially seeing since 2009 UConn has finished about as low as they could in the regular season standings. 6th, tied for 3rd, 8th, 9th, 9th, 12th place to be exact.

Reaction Score
Love predictions they find their way to the board to enable our kids to have chips on their shoulders. Keep'em coming.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's the same guys year after year spewing more ridiculous bs. They even said jimmer was better than Kemba and we were a bubble team for crying out loud

Reaction Score
I can't even see pictures of Nic Moore without getting pissed off

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I can't even see pictures of Nic Moore without getting pissed off

You got me thinking. Who do we have who can defend Nic Moore or other guys with great quickness and/or savvy? Team effort?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
You got me thinking. Who do we have who can defend Nic Moore or other guys with great quickness and/or savvy? Team effort?
I hope Jalen, or maybe put Rodney on him. I'm not sure of Gibbs' defensive ability and Cassell is too slow. I'm just so happy we have Shonn Miller to put on Markus Kennedy. Without Yanick Moreira, it will be much easier to contain their frontcourt. I don't want to lose to SMU this year. I want to spank them at Moody especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom