CBSSN is the worst | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBSSN is the worst

Reaction Score
Stuck at someones house without CBSSN.

Lets go to sportsbar... do they have CBSSN on? Nope - is it just obscure enough that you have to show the employees how to find it? Yep.

Husky fever in Central CT.
Hulu has had every game this season no matter what channel the game was on, and 30% cheaper than Charter or Comcast. They also have DVR recording that's included with the package price.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hulu has had every game this season no matter what channel the game was on, and 30% cheaper than Charter or Comcast. They also have DVR recording that's included with the package price.

well yeah but i was at someone elses house and ive used up a lot of the free promos in similar situations

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

While nice, this ain't much for national brand facetime, nor motivating for recruits.

Reaction Score
While nice, this ain't much for national brand facetime, nor motivating for recruits.
Hulu doesn't broadcast anything, they just pickup all the games no matter what channel it's on. That being said you can blame ESPN for banishing UConn men's basketball to CBSS.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
i have my own passwords for all the other apps - cbs is just bizarre.
It’s amazing that every TV carrier except xfinity is Cbssn app eligible yet it’s part of the cable package

I run an old slingbox just for that

Reaction Score
So not to gloat, I GET CBS SN. Nice to see a road game with a packed house and a crowd really into it. This team is the next big thing if Penny can coach even a little, as we already know he can recruit. I did fall asleep though.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Isn't it bizarre the mass confusion it causes when you ask someone at a bar to change the TV to something that isn't ESPN?

When I didn't have cable a few years ago and would have to go somewhere to watch the CBS SN games it was like talking a foreign language just to get a game on.
We're spoiled. Don 't get me wrong, I like being spoiled, but UConn has had great media coverage over the years. So now when we are stuck in the hinter lands of CBSSN it sucks.

Reminds me of a story (as most things do.) Back in the early to mid 90s the wife and I were at bar/restaurant and we asked them to put the UConn game on. The bartender grumbled a bit but changed the closest TV to us to the game. We (and by we I mean mostly me) started cheering and bit by bit people came over to watch UConn making a run at one of the Big East traditional power teams ('cuse, I believe.) By the end of the game all the TVs had been switched to game and everyone in the place was rooting for UConn. I miss those days.

Reaction Score
As does Sony PS Vue with which I am satisfied.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We're spoiled. Don 't get me wrong, I like being spoiled, but UConn has had great media coverage over the years. So now when we are stuck in the hinter lands of CBSSN it sucks.

Reminds me of a story (as most things do.) Back in the early to mid 90s the wife and I were at bar/restaurant and we asked them to put the UConn game on. The bartender grumbled a bit but changed the closest TV to us to the game. We (and by we I mean mostly me) started cheering and bit by bit people came over to watch UConn making a run at one of the Big East traditional power teams ('cuse, I believe.) By the end of the game all the TVs had been switched to game and everyone in the place was rooting for UConn. I miss those days.

I wish I could have been older or in CT to have appreciated Huskymania was it was an actual thing. When we'd visit relatives in CT it was unreal. EVERYONE represented with UConn gear.

Reaction Score
I wish I could have been older or in CT to have appreciated Huskymania was it was an actual thing. When we'd visit relatives in CT it was unreal. EVERYONE represented with UConn gear.

What happened?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What happened?

the main thing that happened is that the fanbase got old.

look around the rent or xl. its like an assisted living community.

combine the push for out of state and international students with younger generations not being as into spectator sports and its very different.

people still get up for a big event but day to day is almost zero juice

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We won too much and got fat. Then when the team struggled, people lost interest.

On top of that, CT is famous for being a wine and cheese crowd.

yep the shine wears off too. uconn hadnt even started losing yet when the crowds started to shrink at the rent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
the main thing that happened is that the fanbase got old.

look around the rent or xl. its like an assisted living community.

combine the push for out of state and international students with younger generations not being as into spectator sports and its very different.

people still get up for a big event but day to day is almost zero juice

People laugh, but once the school became 'better' academically , it took some of the juice out of the next generation.

You need a large group of kids who are only at school for booze and birds. Those are the mindless idiots who still love sports.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People laugh, but once the school became 'better' academically , it took some of the juice out of the next generation.

You need a large group of kids who are only at school for booze and birds. Those are the mindless idiots who love sports.

100%. Kids who actually lived in Connecticut after graduation too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
yep the shine wears off too. uconn hadnt even started losing yet when the crowds started to shrink at the rent.

This may be more anecdotal but I had season tickets starting in 05 through 13 and I thought the best crowds I was at were the back to back night games against Pitt and WVU in 2010. The crowd was awesome and I thought we were on the upswing...

Then I still remember going to the Iowa State game on a Friday in fall 2011, when the Cuse and Pitt news came out. The rest as we know from there is history.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This may be more anecdotal but I had season tickets starting in 05 through 13 and I thought the best crowds I was at were the back to back night games against Pitt and WVU in 2010. The crowd was awesome and I thought we were on the upswing...

Then I still remember going to the Iowa State game on a Friday in fall 2011, when the Cuse and Pitt news came out. The rest as we know from there is history.

those were two good crowds but season tickets peaked in like 07.

I had a bulwark of a dozen seats at the top of 206 and 207. There were only two games where people truly sat near us after 2008 - Michigan and BYU.

they sold fewer season tickets coming off a trip to the fiesta bowl. who does that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom