CBSSN Announcers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBSSN Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about the commercials? Did it seem that the breaks were longer than ESPN? It did at the game.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Agree on all counts. Chavous in particular was excellent - to the point where I wanted to send him an e-mail of thanks. He had watched a lot of film of our earlier games (which must have been painful) and knew a lot about our program. So refreshing to see a guy do his homework and put in the effort for a team that may not have seemed like it was worth it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What about the commercials? Did it seem that the breaks were longer than ESPN? It did at the game.

Seemed about right. I was watching on DVR with about a 90 minute delay so I was fast forwarding through all of them but it didn't seem out of the norm. Maybe the weather had something to do with it?

Reaction Score
Agree with the quality of the commentary. It didn't feel like we were being pitched the party line. Interesting how so many fans took notice.

Reaction Score
It made me wish the AAC didn't settle for that crappy ESPiN contract. If CBSSN has more commentators like these two, I would have loved to watch every game on that channel.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't know. I was in the stands.

I don't blame anyone who went up to the concourse to stay dry ( far more windy and cold, IMO) or in the bathroom, but given what was happening on the field, I wasn't moving. Also, never sat during the game. Far too cold.

Reaction Score
I thought the announcers did a great job. The only thing I can't stand about football announcing anymore is the silly sideline bimbo reports. My wife even thinks it is ridiculous. Do any of you guys actually think it adds to the game?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not sure who it was. As I said, I was in the stands, but indications above point to Dana Jacobson. If so, she generally knows her stuff.

I think its funny how the "sideline bimbo" position is constantly disparaged, when the real culprit of its down fall was a man (Eric Dickerson. He was awful on MNF.). Dont remember anyone saying anything negative about Jack Arute in the sidelunes in the Big Ten broadcasts with the Bret Musburger & Richard Vermiel/Bob Griese teams back in the Day.

Reaction Score
You bet. I was thinking this during the game and so cool that others noticed also. Hungry huskys.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I thought the announcers did a great job. The only thing I can't stand about football announcing anymore is the silly sideline bimbo reports. My wife even thinks it is ridiculous. Do any of you guys actually think it adds to the game?

I think it adds to the overall enjoyment of the game a great deal.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not sure who it was. As I said, I was in the stands, but indications above point to Dana Jacobson. If so, she generally knows her stuff.

I think its funny how the "sideline bimbo" position is constantly disparaged, when the real culprit of its down fall was a man (Eric Dickerson. He was awful on MNF.). Dont remember anyone saying anything negative about Jack Arute in the sidelunes in the Big Ten broadcasts with the Bret Musburger & Richard Vermiel/Bob Griese teams back in the Day.
It was Jacobson. Thought she was fine. I agree on Cox needing to get CBSSN on HD.

Reaction Score
I just watched the highlights. Loved the energy they had. That's critical, especially when it isn't Alabama/Auburn. Nice job.

Reaction Score
It was nice to actually hear announcers be invested in the game action, and not just rambling about every other game or football program in the country just to bide their time for a few hours.

Reaction Score
It was nice to actually hear announcers be invested in the game action, and not just rambling about every other game or football program in the country just to bide their time for a few hours.

I love it when they focus on the game.

I hate the whole Al Michaels build a storyline and stick to it whether it applies or not approach.

Plus these guys actually knew about UConn in some depth which was refreshing.

Reaction Score
I don't think the breaks seemed longer, except that strange break they took in the middle of play in the 4th. The officials called a time out and they went to commercial? What was that about?

Reaction Score
Watched game replay - they were balanced, obviously did their research and were knowledgeable. What a marked difference from ESPN's derogatory and dismissive commentary that oozes through.

Reaction Score
Watched game replay - they were balanced, obviously did their research and were knowledgeable. What a marked difference from ESPN's derogatory and dismissive commentary that oozes through.

ESPN doesn't bother with their commentary. They just use these games to plug their SEC master race games and fill in time between the SEC games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Geez - they couldn't stay with a good thing? I guess the upside is that another set of talking heads get the inside look @ UConn.

NHRJimFuller 11:30am via TweetDeck
CBS Sports Network announce team for #UConn/Army game at Yankee Stadium is @benholdenpxp @KevOC7 & @CourtneyFallon_

Ben Holden
Kevin O'Connell
Courtney Fallon (Sideline)

I'm working second shift this week so I'll save all you creeps the worries of searching at work.

http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081414aae.html

Fallon joins the team from WTVJ-NBC in South Florida, where she anchored a Sunday night weekly sports show and did field reporting duties. She could be seen on the sidelines of most Miami sporting events and was a big part of the NBC6 coverage of the Sochi Winter Olympics last February with updates every morning. The New England native spent time with WLNE-TV in Southern New England and WHDH-TV in Boston and was responsible for writing, producing and shooting sports news materials for both stations.

Courtney%20Fallon%20Game%206%20preview.jpg

Reaction Score
It was Corey Chavous. His wikipedia page.

I thought they were great too. Nice work for the network they were on. Much better than their BB analysts.

Don't forget Corey's uncle Barney played D-Line for the Denver Broncos for years.

I especially liked the way Chavous broke down the X's and O's of the game play. The UCONN TE leaving the UCF DE unblocked on Foxx's read option TD run, and the CB blitz on Thomas's TD catch were especially enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom