CBSS: Do I have to leave home to watch? | The Boneyard

CBSS: Do I have to leave home to watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
No CBSS subscription where I'll be tonight. Any way to stream this game?

Usually it's Watch ESPN live or replay, but CBSS is something I've never considered. I might be walking down the block for food and drink on a snowy night. Is that my best option?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Also make sure you don't get just the SD channel. That's the case with Cox.

When the schedule originally came out I was bummed because I didn't see CBS SN in the HD lineup, but after a little digging I saw that Cox offers it, but only in SD. Better than nothing I suppose, but not optimal.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is there a way to purchase this or watch it through Roku?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever had issues with first row sports? The only computer I have is my work computer so I'm hesitant to use it.

Reaction Score
It's an incremental monthly subscription here. Who's bright idea was this???

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Has anyone ever had issues with first row sports? The only computer I have is my work computer so I'm hesitant to use it.
It's pretty harmless. It wouldn't be a bad idea to run a Malwarebytes scan say around 9:30, though. My work computer has an HDMI port, where my home laptop does not. I used firstrowsports to watch Redskins games and transfer the picture to my flat screen all year (I shouldn't have wasted my time in retrospect, but that has more to do with how Washington performed than with firstrowsorts). FYI, It may not be in high def.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Firstrowsports is never HD unless you pay some eastern-European man to give you a download link. The link may or may not contain malicious software and viruses.

Reaction Score
It's pretty harmless.
I disagree.
IF you carefully close all the ad windows, and you don't click on the .exe programs it may offer you to run, and you don't inadvertently launch malware clicking on bad links that attempt to goad you into believing that you need to click on them to watch the stream, THEN it is fine.
But have no doubt that there is malware/spyware all over the site on firstrow1.eu. You will have to close every pop up and so on (depending on your software).
As for paying an Eastern Euro guy for a download link, I'd say be super cautious about such a deal, for a variety of reasons.

Consider that it's probably a company policy violation to stream a copyrighted work on their network.

Good luck.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I get this or not. Can't say I have ever intentionally watched it. What the heck happened to our "big" deal with ESPN anyway? Or did they just pawn this one off to CBSS?

Reaction Score
I disagree.
IF you carefully close all the ad windows, and you don't click on the .exe programs it may offer you to run, and you don't inadvertently launch malware clicking on bad links that attempt to goad you into believing that you need to click on them to watch the stream, THEN it is fine.
But have no doubt that there is malware/spyware all over the site on firstrow1.eu. You will have to close every pop up and so on (depending on your software).
As for paying an Eastern Euro guy for a download link, I'd say be super cautious about such a deal, for a variety of reasons.

Consider that it's probably a company policy violation to stream a copyrighted work on their network.

Good luck.
Agree on all points

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'd be bringing the laptop home, so I could avoid streaming it on works network.

I just really hate watching games at bars by myself. I'd be willing to pay to watch but it doesn't seem to be an option (I don't have cable... thank God for watch espn).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you use Chrome, download AdBlock and it blocks 99% of the ads on Firstrow.

Reaction Score
Direct. Hd. Channel 221. Get your sled out and come to my house. Lisbon and your all invited and we can party. Bottle of Jack and plenty of beer. Good luck, be safe out there.

Reaction Score
I just really hate watching games at bars by myself. I'd be willing to pay to watch but it doesn't seem to be an option (I don't have cable... thank God for watch espn).
Wow. Talk about a stark difference in personality. Good psych/sociology stuff. I adore watching games in bars by myself. In fact, it's what I typically do for UConn games. Find a spot in front of a TV in a not-crowded bar and focus on the game. It's completely annoying when people talk to me when I'm honed in on the game, and it gives me "me" time away from kids and wife and work.

Cool that people present so much variety.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you wait out the initial pop ups (they close out on their own after about 30-45 seconds) and close out the ad over the controls to make it full screen, subsequent pop up won't affect your viewership. As i said run a malware scan afterwards, and you should be okay. That's always been my experience at least.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't use the HD link but the SD link has been fine in the past.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. Talk about a stark difference in personality. Good psych/sociology stuff. I adore watching games in bars by myself. In fact, it's what I typically do for UConn games. Find a spot in front of a TV in a not-crowded bar and focus on the game. It's completely annoying when people talk to me when I'm honed in on the game, and it gives me "me" time away from kids and wife and work.

Cool that people present so much variety.
I used to do this. I'm kind of a vocal fan. More than once I had a whole bar screaming for UConn at the end of game. I'll use the EU link.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@Strummer I get in a zone for the games to say the least but I'd prefer it from the comfort of my couch haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom