CBS: Top 30 Big Men | The Boneyard

CBS: Top 30 Big Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
9. Andre Drummond (Fr., C, Connecticut)
The only reason Drummond isn't higher -- and seeing as how many think he's already the No. 1 pick for the 2012 draft, having him ninth is pretty silly on our part -- is because he's got to prove it. Drummond took plays off at the prep level. He's also a great ball-handler for his size, but I'm thinking Jim Calhoun's going to anchor him seven feet and in. Will he become a supreme force on offense playing back-to-the-basket basketball?

14. Alex Oriakhi (Jr., F, Connecticut)
Very versatile and should have a breakout season, even on a stacked Huskies team. Oriakhi developed a jump shot in the offseason. Wonder if Jim Calhoun will let him use it every now and then. The UConn big man should create the best frontcourt duo in the nation with Drummond flanking him.

Reaction Score
Drummond has to prove it but Anthony Davis doesn't?

Reaction Score
The knock on Drummond was that he never played his hardest every game he played in.
Calhoun will help him kick that habit though

Reaction Score
The knock on Drummond was that he never played his hardest every game he played in.
Calhoun will help him kick that habit though
Exactly, AD taking plays off will not be an issue this year.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that the author says "The UConn big man should create the best front-court duo in the nation with Drummond flanking him" at the end of Oriahki's description. However, he ranks two North Carolina and two Kentucky big men in the top 7. Given that they haven't played together in a game, that is an interesting statement to make. The only thing I can think is that he is hedging his bets with putting Drummond so low.

Reaction Score
AD is the big unkown for us. i think alot of people think he might be all or nothing but arent sure which one. now by nothing i mean he`ll be solid but not spectacular and by all i mean he puts up a freshmen season like greg oden or jared sullinger. i think if he plays hard every second hes on the court and stays out of foul trouble i believe hes going to dominate as a freshmen but those are to big ifs. i said a while back that i think hes going to put up 15+ and around 10 boards pg. while others seem to think 12 and 7 are more realistic. we shall see.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that he's imagining our two bigs to be the best combo of rebounding and defense.

Kentucky and UNC's pairs will both score more, and Henson will likely block more shots than any of the guys.

Reaction Score
It's interesting that the author says "The UConn big man should create the best front-court duo in the nation with Drummond flanking him" at the end of Oriahki's description. However, he ranks two North Carolina and two Kentucky big men in the top 7. Given that they haven't played together in a game, that is an interesting statement to make. The only thing I can think is that he is hedging his bets with putting Drummond so low.
It's called poor journalism. How can such a hypocritical article be taken seriously?

Reaction Score
OK I won't go crazy with this list, but how is Drummond ranked higher than Alex? I know Drummond will be a top draft pick, and I know he has loads of skill/talent, but right at this moment how is he better than Alex?

My peeve is that if you look at the list AD is the best big man in the BE. I would argue that he has not earned that yet. But Alex can be talked about in that context.

btw: I only focusing on us/BE, because these list make no sense sometimes.

Reaction Score
Any list that has Henson ranked higher than Zeller should not be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom