CBS Sports reporter tweeting about expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS Sports reporter tweeting about expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sister lives in San Diego. A November roadtrip to San Diego for Thanksgiving weekend would be perfect.
i live in San Diego. i'm thrilled we'll get to see the football team, men's basketball, and women's basketball every other year.
SDSU has a pretty decent MCBB and WCBB team, and their football program is decent (not great but not awful) as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW how about calling it the "All America" conference? i mean, we do have teams from all over America - SDSU to the south west, BSU for the north west, SMU for the texas/mid south, USF for the south east, and everything in between.

Reaction Score
i live in San Diego. i'm thrilled we'll get to see the football team, men's basketball, and women's basketball every other year.
SDSU has a pretty decent MCBB and WCBB team, and their football program is decent (not great but not awful) as well.

You'll only get to see the football team every other year. Boise & SDSU will be football-only members in the New Order.

Reaction Score
You'll only get to see the football team every other year. Boise & SDSU will be football-only members in the New Order.

I think it's even money whether this New Order will still be in tact by the time UConn is scheduled to play at Qualcom Stadium.

Reaction Score
Big USA--->Clusterfluck marriage of convenience...if Marinara had listened and acted sooner Sigh........

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Think about this... Whenever WVU, Pitt and SU are gone, Rutgers will be the only original Big East football member still in the league.

...and we'll be the only original Big East member that plays football.

Reaction Score
Francesca & WFAN reporting it as fact. Mikey adds that the top 60 teams should just break off & reform geographically because the current system is just a joke.
Tell that blowhard to mind his own business. Glad I stopped listening.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All of this is on the head of ESPN. Without them TCU would be in the Big East next year and a new contract would be big.
Of course blame on Marinara. They should have invited Houston and UCF to go to twelve teams and give TCU a Texas running mate
This is not ideal but the Big East needed to do something and this is something

Reaction Score
ESPN, UConn and the State of Connecticut's "Good Neighbor". Good thing ESPN doesn't build submarines. . . or Norfolk, Virginia and Newport News would need more harbor space and Groton would be competing in the paddle boat business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom