CBS Sports Pre-Season All America Teams | The Boneyard

CBS Sports Pre-Season All America Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i love how there are always freshmen on these lists but they haven't played a game, then we get a stud frosh who is ranked as high as can be and he doesn't get any love. to funny. FTW!!!!

Reaction Score
Thomas Robinson First Team All American? Really, the guy scored only 7 ppg last year. I see him having a good year, but to put him on First Team is crazy.

Reaction Score
Yea that's another one, I expect him to be good and put up numbers but I wouldn't put him on a team before Zeller.

Reaction Score
Thomas Robinson First Team All American? Really, the guy scored only 7 ppg last year. I see him having a good year, but to put him on First Team is crazy.

He's the toughest elite player to gauge. He was playing behind two first round picks and averaged 7.6 pts and 6.4 rebounds in 14.6 minutes. He put those stats up in 14.6 mins! That's pretty damn good. If he players 30-35 minutes per game he has a chance at getting 16-18 points and 12-15 rebounds. Kansas doesn't have many bigs to get defensive rebounds and he's a beast on the offensive glass. He's a bigger and taller Jeff Adrien type. On top of that his mom died in the middle of the season. I'm sure that negatively affected his play in the second half of last season.
I agree that it's BS top freshman often times make the list and we have the #2 ranked recruit at the weakest position (center) and he doesn't get the recognition

Reaction Score
Alex should be on one of those teams. Pre-season means nothing, just ask Kemba. Freshman should never be on these lists, unless you are Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Peyton Siva is getting no love anywhere, and I like his game more than some of the others on that list.

Reaction Score
He's the toughest elite player to gauge. He was playing behind two first round picks and averaged 7.6 pts and 6.4 rebounds in 14.6 minutes. He put those stats up in 14.6 mins! That's pretty damn good. If he players 30-35 minutes per game he has a chance at getting 16-18 points and 12-15 rebounds. Kansas doesn't have many bigs to get defensive rebounds and he's a beast on the offensive glass. He's a bigger and taller Jeff Adrien type. On top of that his mom died in the middle of the season. I'm sure that negatively affected his play in the second half of last season.
I agree that it's BS top freshman often times make the list and we have the #2 ranked recruit at the weakest position (center) and he doesn't get the recognition

I will guarantee he will not be averaging 15 RPG. Other teams will focus in on him because there simply is not a lot of talent on this years Kansas teams compared to the years past. Marcus Johnson I remember impressed me his freshmen year. He average just under 4 ppg in 9 min. So by your math he should have average 16 ppg in 35 min his next season right? It doesn't work like that, there is just no way of telling.

You have to prove yourself before a player is considered ELITE, and he just hasn't done that. Put him before players such as Terrence Jones and even Perry Jones? Do I think he will have a good year for a Kansas team that lost three players to the NBA, yes. But to put him as a First Team All American and ahead of proven elite players in CBB is crazy. The good thing is these list mean nothing, and hopefully come April, there will be many UConn players on this list.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Alex should be on one of those teams. Pre-season means nothing, just ask Kemba. Freshman should never be on these lists, unless you are Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Peyton Siva is getting no love anywhere, and I like his game more than some of the others on that list.

Totally agree with this. Siva is the real deal.

Reaction Score
I will guarantee he will not be averaging 15 RPG. Other teams will focus in on him because there simply is not a lot of talent on this years Kansas teams compared to the years past. Marcus Johnson I remember impressed me his freshmen year. He average just under 4 ppg in 9 min. So by your math he should have average 16 ppg in 35 min his next season right? It doesn't work like that, there is just no way of telling.

You have to prove yourself before a player is considered ELITE, and he just hasn't done that. Put him before players such as Terrence Jones and even Perry Jones? Do I think he will have a good year for a Kansas team that lost three players to the NBA, yes. But to put him as a First Team All American and ahead of proven elite players in CBB is crazy. The good thing is these list mean nothing, and hopefully come April, there will be many UConn players on this list.

he will get 8-10 defensive rebounds per game easy. It just depends how many offensive rebounds per game he gets. If he gets 2-3 than he'll average 10-13 rebounds. If he gets 4-5 than he'll average 12-15. The kid is an athletic freak and a beast. He's 6'9" 240 at like 6 percent body fat. I'm not joking when I say he's jeff adrien plus 3 inches and 10 lbs of muscle. Adrien averaged 10 rebounds per game playing next to a 7'3" center. If a normal center was playing next to him than adrien would have got 2 more defensive rebounds per game. Why is it so crazy that robinson could average 1-2 more than that?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Put Sportsman5 down with the prediction that Thomas Robinson will lead the nation in rebounding, see you at the end of the season to see if you are right.

Reaction Score
I also think Robinson is deserving. Sometimes you just have to put stock into a players talent and look at what they did in their limited opportunities and project outwards. He is not so different from Lamb in that both were playing behind better players (Lamb not playing behind but not in the position as The Guy) and thrived when given the opportunity. Obviously JL had bigger highs than Robinson but he also didn't have two lottery picks playing the same position in front of him. Lamb has been picked as a 1st team All American by many sources and it wasn't because he averaged 11 ppg.

Reaction Score
Also, word is Robinson dominated during the summer Nike camps while going against pretty good comp, including Alex.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
No DD or RB on the 1st or 2nd Freshmen team. Assuming that's because they're not expected to start?

Reaction Score
Put Sportsman5 down with the prediction that Thomas Robinson will lead the nation in rebounding, see you at the end of the season to see if you are right.

I can't say a player won't have more. But if he gets 30+ minutes, than he will get 12+ rebounds per game. if Something like 12.8 rebounds is enough to lead college basketball, than I will make the claim that he will lead college basketball in rebounding. If you want to start a thread to track his rebounding, than be my guest. I have no problem eating my words if I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about these incompetents. They get these jobs because of who they know not what they know. You are 100% correct on Peyton Siva of course.

Reaction Score
Siva is good, but the way some of you guys rave about him I wonder if ya'll watched him play besides the games against us. He doesn't always look like that, case in point the two regular season games directly following ours. Game 1, 19pts, 7assts, 4 rebs, he follows that up with 5pts, 3rebs, 3assts, and 8to's against Georgetown. Game 2, 15pts, 4assts, and 2 rebs, he follows it up with 2pts, 2assts, and 2 rebs against Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of both Craft and Kendall Marshall, but my god they've become overrated. Honestly, I think Shabazz is already better than Craft, and he's not that far behind Marshall either.

Reaction Score
Siva is good, but the way some of you guys rave about him I wonder if ya'll watched him play besides the games against us. He doesn't always look like that, case in point the two regular season games directly following ours. Game 1, 19pts, 7assts, 4 rebs, he follows that up with 5pts, 3rebs, 3assts, and 8to's against Georgetown. Game 2, 15pts, 4assts, and 2 rebs, he follows it up with 2pts, 2assts, and 2 rebs against Rutgers.
I think Siva was worthy of a spot on 1 of the top 4 teams. It's all speculation when including Freshman Rivers on 3rd team but Rivers can play so I will give it a pass. Siva may be the fastest end to end player in college basketball. Certainly top 3. His ability to explode past defenders is noteworthy and he can finish great above the rim periodically with a big time dunk. One thing to recognize is Siva is a true pick and roll player and also scores a lot in transition. Siva is very consistent on the offensive end evidenced by his great shooting % on 2 point attempts. He needs to work on his 3 point shot but we all saw how Kemba improved his shooting from Sophomore to Junior year. It is common to see the most improvement from Sophomore to Junior year. I think we will see that with Shabazz also. Season ups and downs can be found in almost every player through the course of a season with rare exception. I don't think Siva will be a great NBA player if 1 at all but on the college level he has to be 1 of the top 8 guards this preseason.

He is a proven clutch player no need to point out what he did against us and a few others last year....Good points though but I'll take Siva over at least 4 of the guards mentioned and they left a few others out. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Reaction Score
I love Siva's game- he is a winner and def one of the top PGs in the country this season.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I love how UConn never gets any respect in these types of articles...definitely fuels the fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom