CBS Sports on why it is good UConn did not join Big 12 | The Boneyard

CBS Sports on why it is good UConn did not join Big 12

Reaction Score
Why does every writer insist that UConn stay in its own lane, while promoting every other school to a Power 5 Conference?

"UConn has self-appointed Storrs, Connecticut, as the "Basketball Capital of the World."

Please, someone who is on Twitter correct him on this. WE didn't say this about ourselves; Jay Bilas said that UConn was "the Basketball Capital of the World".

Reaction Score
It's like all these national writers never been to campus or know that the football stadium is getting budgeted upgrades. This is how the national perception endures... that and the process of becoming a national embarrassment under the last three head coaches.

Reaction Score
"Even if UConn was able to spend the money needed to get facilities on par in the Big 12"

Could someone who actually knows comment on this? I thought UConn had great facilities. If they are talking about the Rent, screw 'im.
Facilities are definitely on par with P5 programs, some of which don't even have an indoor facility, recruits mention all the time how on visits the facilities stick out, I don't know what that dude is talking about in the article

Reaction Score
"Even if UConn was able to spend the money needed to get facilities on par in the Big 12"

Could someone who actually knows comment on this? I thought UConn had great facilities. If they are talking about the Rent, screw 'im.
I've personally been in Big10 facilities including the film rooms, training rooms etc. With the exception of a large on campus stadium, UConn's facilities are as good as the Big10 ones I've seen.

Reaction Score
P5 programs, some of which don't even have an indoor facility,
are there actually any P5 programs left without an indoor facillity? Even freaking UMass has one (Although, it is really just a bubble, it's something)

Reaction Score
are there actually any P5 programs left without an indoor facillity? Even freaking UMass has one (Although, it is really just a bubble, it's something)
I know Miami doesn't have one, shoot they don't even have their own stadium which is why their attendance numbers stink, no school
In the northeast besides penn st can say they have a better athletic facility, even Pitt home games are still at Heinz Field the Steelers stadium

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This article continues to support how bad UConn has been at spreading all of the positives that we have as a school. The misconceptions spewed in that article basically highlight every major knock on our program people always like to claim. Almost every one is wrong. This is where our AD department needs to up their game and dispell the misinformation.

Reaction Score
One thing I get irritated with is that it seems like national talking heads and writers get a kick out of exaggerating how bad UConn football has been…

The writer says never have we “never moved the needle” nationally.

Untrue, we were in the Fiesta Bowl and had a couple solid years..

Don’t get me wrong, I freely admit the program has had at times serious and notable struggles but think writers often either don’t do the research don’t care….

On the BIG 12 there were some good points on the travel aspect…. The AAC was a mess with all those miles logged.

I have always thought that we belong in the ACC looking at all sports, academics and rivalries. Not only a great fit for us, but for them as well. BC didn’t turn out to be all they had hoped for and we’re going to beat them like a drum in football again this Fall.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The facilities are as good as any in the Northeast outside of Penn St. Yes better than BC, Syracuse, and Jersey Shore.

Some writers are just ignorant
Like Berry Tramel. He told me personally that UConn's facilities were equal of Texas Tech's in 1994.

Reaction Score
It has been non-stop hit pieces on our football program based on misinformation.

We have great facilities yet many in national media keep insisting that we don't.

Our football program's W-L records isn't worse than teams like Colorado and Arizona, but we are the one who kept getting bashed by the national media while those teams get a free pass.

We have a massive perception problem thanks to planned negative media campaigns against us.

The sports media is like the mainstream media where most writers in the USA who don't do much research other than regurgitating same opinions without any factv checking.

UConn athletic department really needs to be on the offense and showcase our football facilities etc nationality. Of course, nothing beats winning. If we just win consistently against good teams, they will have no choice but notice us.

Reaction Score
I think the writer talks more about how great uconn basketball is as a national treasure in the big east… then joining a conference that is not a good fit geographically or culturally just for football money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom