CBS Ranks the Top 100 CBB Players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS Ranks the Top 100 CBB Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whoever made the list isn't supposed to be just a common fan, thats the problem.

That's true, but even still, there are a million different fan bases around the country that are going to feel like their guy got snubbed. I certainly had a couple problems with the list, but overall it wasn't bad IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm not upset with DeAndre not being Top 20. That would have been a real leap. But I look at some of the other players they've got around from 20-100. Poythress? Daniels averaged more points, almost as many rebounds, and finished the year much stronger. Also, having SEVEN Kentucky players in the Top 100 is pretty absurd. It suggests laziness and lack of research.

Craft at 8?...ugh.

Unpopular opinion, but, Kentucky might actually be that good. Their two best returnees made the list, in addition to five players from their recruiting class (all of whom were ranked among the top nine in the country, per ESPN). I agree with you on Poythress, though. He's too high and if I had to choose between him and DeAndre heading into next season, I'd choose DeAndre.

Reaction Score
Unpopular opinion, but, Kentucky might actually be that good. Their two best returnees made the list, in addition to five players from their recruiting class (all of whom were ranked among the top nine in the country, per ESPN). I agree with you on Poythress, though. He's too high and if I had to choose between him and DeAndre heading into next season, I'd choose DeAndre.

Oh. They'll be a good team. But their best 7 players are Top 100?

Reaction Score
DeAndre should be top 20. He will dominate this season.

I would like this to be true. He will be our third option. The offense will run through Bazz and Boat.

The key for DD is consistency and confidence. The two C's. When the injuries accumulated at the end of the season, he really stepped it up. He was much more comfortable being the number one option. You could see so much more confidence in himself. He needs to carry that into this season.

It's funny, but before last season started, I kept posting how I thought Daniels would step it up and show major improvement over his frosh campaign. Many here agreed, but there were some who thought he "wasn't athletic" and "couldn't create off the dribble". They didn't expect much of him. Now, on this board, we expect him to be a possible All-American. I'm excited for this season, and to see how much Daniels has improved. I would love 15 and 6/7 on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
DeAndre should be top 20. He will dominate this season.

Agree a 100%! DD is going to have a monster year. In 5 of his last 6 games he put up 17, 25, 18, 23 & 19 points. The 25 pt one was when he out-dueled Georgetown's Porter.

I do expect him to pick up where he left off and when he does so, his omission from this list will make it look silly.

Reaction Score
No way DD was going to be ranked top 20 going into this season. I agree that he definitely should be top 100. He had an exceptional last four games but IMO that is hardly enough to say he will be top 20 this year. Is there a chance? Definitely. DD is very underrated nationally but I'm beginning to think he is overrated on the Boneyard. The kid has obviously been putting in a lot of work this off season but we can't count on him being an absolute stud. I would love to see 15-16 points and 7-8 boards.

Reaction Score
I think it's more about people of a certain color/race succeeding in a role that is usually dominated by another race/color. The media goes nuts for it. That's why black QBs got so much hype starting with Vick, and why Jason Sehorn got so much pub as a white CB.

That's a good point

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not where you start, it's where you finish. Who better than Kevin Ollie to deliver this message? Looking forward to the season. We reclaim our rightful place at the top of the CBB world

[... but we are doomed, of course.]

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No way DD was going to be ranked top 20 going into this season. I agree that he definitely should be top 100. He had an exceptional last four games but IMO that is hardly enough to say he will be top 20 this year. Is there a chance? Definitely. DD is very underrated nationally but I'm beginning to think he is overrated on the Boneyard. The kid has obviously been putting in a lot of work this off season but we can't count on him being an absolute stud. I would love to see 15-16 points and 7-8 boards.

15 and 7 were his averages over the last 8 games of the season. I'm not sure if that's been brought up elsewhere and the reason you are referencing those numbers specifically, but that is completely within the realm of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom