CBS Ranks the Top 100 CBB Players | The Boneyard

CBS Ranks the Top 100 CBB Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24088271/cbssportscom-top-100-players

They have Napier at number 20 and this is why they say about him:
The Huskies are looking to rebound after last season’s postseason ban. It will be up to Napier to lead the way. By Jeff Borzello

They have Boatright at 87 and this is what they say:
Personally, I wouldn't have Boatright on this list. But let's talk positive: great in transition, unafraid player, has a penchant for being a spark plug. Near-impossible to stop in open space. By Matt Norlander.

Then they don't even have Daniels in their top 100. If you ask me that is absolutely absurd. He will be very good this year and will surprise many.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If you rank Aaron Craft the 8th best player in the country - and 12 spots ahead of Shabazz - not only should you not be getting paid to write about sports, but you should also be sent straight to the unemployment line.

Reaction Score
It's comical how little respect we are getting. Let them sleep on us this season, we will prove it on the court. Also, Norlander is a tool.

Reaction Score
If you rank Aaron Craft the 8th best player in the country - and 12 spots ahead of Shabazz - not only should you not be getting paid to write about sports, but you should also be sent straight to the unemployment line.

Its a little-known rule that the media has to glorify every unathletic "gritty" white guy that would never sniff the NBA.

Reaction Score
Craft has been getting the great white hype treatment since his freshman year. The media never fails in this department, they always overhype the plucky white guy. Craft has always been obscenely overrated.

caw

Reaction Score
Craft has been getting the great white hype treatment since his freshman year. The media never fails in this department, they always overhype the plucky white guy. Craft has always been obscenely overrated.

I somewhat disagree he was fantastic as a freshman with the lineup they had. Sullinger was a horrid defender but a fantastic offensive player. Craft was the opposite and brought much needed defensive prowess to that team.

Now that he is the "man" he is overrated as an offensive player, just because people rate him at all. He is still a very good defender, though he grabs even more now than he did as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I'm going to print this and use it as Tyler Phommachanh next time I have to drop some kids off at the pool.

Reaction Score
The fact that Deandre isn't top 20 is a joke, not in top 100 just poor analysis. I expect him to be a top 10 player but possibly top 5. If we still printed paper, this would indeed be toilet paper material. Since paper is out, I'd prefer not to subject my tablet to what this list deserves.

Reaction Score
I don't blame them for not ranking DeAndre. Avid fans like us realize he's going to break out, but to the common fan, he's just an above average player that put up 12 and 6.

Reaction Score
Craft is not better than Naiper. 8th? The guy who did this list must be on crack. No DeAndre in the top 20 is a total joke. DeAndre has the best NBA talent on UCONN and he could be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score

As a young white male, I agree with you. I think it is pretty clear that the mostly white male media gets overly excited over good white basketball players, especially at the guard position.

Let's not forget also whom the main demographic is...us! White males who watch and talk basketball better than we can play it :)

Of course their going to try and advertise white male athletes with the hopes that their channel catches a few more eyes.

Craft is good but there is no way in hell he is the second best pg in college basketball. Napier would destroy him and I also think Boatright would be too quick for him despite his known defensive expertise.

Reaction Score
I think craft is an exceptional college point guard, however he does have the package Napier has. I think you are correct caw in saying, since he has become the go to guy, there has been some overrating. He is not that type of player, but I think he can run an offense and lock down the other teams point every game....the difference is shabazz can do both of those things and score 25 a night. Kemba was only a preseason honorable mention, if I remember correctly....we all knew had mad skill.

Reaction Score
I am going to write this once so I can copy and paste for future use...

I can not believe (insert name of publication) thinks that (insert UConn or player name) is not the super besty best imaginable. What morons! (Insert name of tool writer) has always had it out for UConn and his bias is unbelievable. I am so enraged!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!

Nothing matter more than this column, and the disrespect is what is keeping us from being in the B1G. ARRRRRRR!

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying that Andrew Wiggins won't be the best college basketball player, because he very well may be. BUT he hasn't played a single minute of college ball so how do you put him ahead of a guy who came back for another season when every single NBA GM would have used a top 5 pick to get him in last year's draft... Marcus Smart.

I know this is a UConn board and, believe me, I bleed blue. I'm just saying, why are we putting any weight on what these knuckle heads have to say when they obviously can't even get the number 1 guy on the list right.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As a young white male, I agree with you. I think it is pretty clear that the mostly white male media gets overly excited over good white basketball players, especially at the guard position.

Let's not forget also whom the main demographic is...us! White males who watch and talk basketball better than we can play it :)

Of course their going to try and advertise white male athletes with the hopes that their channel catches a few more eyes.

Craft is good but there is no way in hell he is the second best pg in college basketball. Napier would destroy him and I also think Boatright would be too quick for him despite his known defensive expertise.

I think it's more about people of a certain color/race succeeding in a role that is usually dominated by another race/color. The media goes nuts for it. That's why black QBs got so much hype starting with Vick, and why Jason Sehorn got so much pub as a white CB.

Reaction Score
I'm not upset with DeAndre not being Top 20. That would have been a real leap. But I look at some of the other players they've got around from 20-100. Poythress? Daniels averaged more points, almost as many rebounds, and finished the year much stronger. Also, having SEVEN Kentucky players in the Top 100 is pretty absurd. It suggests laziness and lack of research.

Craft at 8?...ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104