CBS (Norlander): "NCAA Transformation Committee introduces concept for potentially expanding fields in postseason tournaments" | The Boneyard

CBS (Norlander): "NCAA Transformation Committee introduces concept for potentially expanding fields in postseason tournaments"

Reaction Score
Presumably there would be money behind this decision, but I don’t understand how. You’re just adding a bunch of games to the beginning rounds where there’s already a ton of overlapping games that get relegated to streaming.

As long as we don’t revisit that idea of taking away the auto bid for the league champs, more teams may not make it better but I don’t see it making it worse either.

Reaction Score
This is a whole lot of nothing. The article says it's not happening anytime soon, is not intended for basketball, and the majority of basketball people they've asked are against it

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Presumably there would be money behind this decision, but I don’t understand how. You’re just adding a bunch of games to the beginning rounds where there’s already a ton of overlapping games that get relegated to streaming.

As long as we don’t revisit that idea of taking away the auto bid for the league champs, more teams may not make it better but I don’t see it making it worse either.
I wish went back to 64 teams in the tournament and about 275 teams in Division 1. The regular season and tournament would be even better.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It would also make the NIT irrelevant, I would think. Not that I care much about the NIT, but I actually think it does teams on the bubble more good - the better teams can win numerous games and the NIT championship. It's more likely if the make the NCAA, they lose right out the gate, or win 1 game then face a good team and likely lose.

Then again, maybe if the expand the field far enough, the "play in" games will take the place of the NIT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom