CBS Fowler gives hire B+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS Fowler gives hire B+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I read where Warde interviewed 9 people? Some by skype. Heard Clawson did not interview.

Diaco
Narduzzi
Lembo
Weist
Ambrose?
Palatine?
?
?
?

I think Nutt may have gotten one of those early Skype video conferences to soothe a booster. No evidence - just gut.

Reaction Score
As others have said obviously Narduzzi, Diaco, Weist, Lembo. Out of fairness to some of our other assistants with a wealth of CFB experience he might have let guys like Hughes and Foley plead their case. Not sure who else has a ton of experience but maybe/but probably not Buggs/Perkins......probably not Fogarty, Day, Wholly. I imagine Herman was on the list too. Didn't hear any D Brown, but I wouldn't be surprised. Other speculation: Ambrose, Morehead (before he received an extension).

Reaction Score
What about Jeff Quinn from Buffalo? There was quite a bit of talk of him being in the mix in the last week or so. Add to that, the fact that he was Warde's selection for HC while at Buffalo, that he had 21 years as an assistant under Brian Kelly, and finally that he had a successful 2013 season. He sure seems like someone that Warde would have interviewed.

Reaction Score
Nine People- The obvious - Diaco, Narduzzi, Lembo, Weitz, Clawson
The possibles - Ambrose, Morhead, DeRuyter

Then there are 2 or 3 mysteries.
did we interview Charlie Weitz from Kansas?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
acobscourant10:18am via Web
Per report Fresno's DeRuyter didn't want UConn FB job.Sources indicate he was on initial radar among many. Never interviewed. Not a factor.

Right so it wasn't a fit but he would have gotten an interview so not sure why people get so angry. They hired a good candidate. There were other good candidates some who were interested and some who weren't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd guess Quinn and one of those fantasy land candidates like Nutt were 2 of the other 5. We probably are certain of 4 - Weist, Lembo, Narduzzi and Diaco.

Morehead, Ambrose and Herman would get you to 9.

I'd guess those 9 represent at least 7 and probably 8 of the 9.

Reaction Score
Really like Diaco. Everything looks good now we nred results on the field and IMO we will get them. There is work to do and will tske a while but for the first time in a while I am excitrd about our football prospects.

Reaction Score
I think one of the coaches to be interviewed was the coach of East Hartford High school, to please the CTHSFB Coaches Association. :)

Reaction Score
I had mentioned Diaco but as a question mark since BC had chosen Addazio over him. I questioned whether they found something lacking in BD. Since I'm not that impressed with Addazio, here's hoping it was simply bad judgment by BC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom