CBS article on Fla Panthers and Ticket Strategies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CBS article on Fla Panthers and Ticket Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
There's a lot of talent in the UConn School of Business, both undergrad and grad. We already have experiential learning for trading with the Student Managed Fund. You could set up something similar for the Marketing department with top tier, motivated students generating and refining ideas. I have to think it would be mutually beneficial as it could attract brighter students to the Marketing program and will produce good ideas for the Football program (really every sport) with relatively low expenses.

Reaction Score
mets1090 said:
There's a lot of talent in the UConn School of Business, both undergrad and grad. We already have experiential learning for trading with the Student Managed Fund. You could set up something similar for the Marketing department with top tier, motivated students generating and refining ideas. I have to think it would be mutually beneficial as it could attract brighter students to the Marketing program and will produce good ideas for the Football program (really every sport) with relatively low expenses.

You would think. But we have a tech program and the foundation website for donations is circa 1994 no matter now many times I make a stink about it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You would think. But we have a tech program and the foundation website for donations is circa 1994 no matter now many times I make a stink about it.
Seriously. Use the students as slave labor. You get free innovation. They get something to put on their resume (and maybe learn a thing or two). Everyone wins.

Reaction Score
Noey if they don't lower the prices we're looking at MAYBE 10K season tickets next year. I'm not rich. I have a wife and kids to support. I have to justify the couple grand I spend a year on tickets, parking, tailgating, etc. If that makes me a bad fan than so be it.

10K season tickets? Really? Who peed on your cheerios?

Reaction Score
Here's what also hampers season ticket sales. You can walk in the parking and get tickets handed to you literally for free and sit on the 50 yard line if you want to.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are enough people that are there for the party that there is probably a floor on season tickets as long as the experience doesn't totally suck and the school doesn't create incentives for people to not buy season tickets. Slashing tickets every game would be an incentive to not buy season tickets.

One of the best things about Navy joining the AAC is the end of December games at the Rent. While several have been memorable, most have been miserable from a weather perspective.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN can't do anything about scheduling until, that is, the day ever comes that the AAC has officially accepted its position as an irrelevant conference and stops wanting to air its games on live TV. Kickoff times are always TBD thanks to TV.

1. Early renewal discounts for current season ticket holders. I'm talking good, deep discounts...not 5%.

2. Parking/concession (except beer) savings on all season ticket plans - renewed or new.

3. Hold students hostage. (i.e. - no more constant bussing of kids out of East Hartford until after the game is over)

4. Discounts on road game travel packages and/or bowl game travel packages for all full season ticket holders.

5. Sell "Top of the Rent" and 3 game Mini Plans ASAP. Don't wait on season tickets to be sold first to hold seats because we all know the season ticket base is going to drop without some sort of miracle. Sell tickets now and when you can. Every seat should be on first come-first served basis.

6. Offer season ticket holders the right to buy additional single game tickets for dirt cheap.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Here's what also hampers season ticket sales. You can walk in the parking and get tickets handed to you literally for free and sit on the 50 yard line if you want to.

I have had a handful of unused extra tickets from our season ticket group that I've tried to give away in the past few years in the parking lot and couldn't. You can very literally go to games for free if you show up in the parking lot on the day of games. If not free, then $5.

Reaction Score
UCONN can't do anything about scheduling until, that is, the day ever comes that the AAC has officially accepted its position as an irrelevant conference and stops wanting to air its games on live TV. Kickoff times are always TBD thanks to TV.

1. Early renewal discounts for current season ticket holders. I'm talking good, deep discounts...not 5%.

2. Parking/concession (except beer) savings on all season ticket plans - renewed or new.

3. Hold students hostage. (i.e. - no more constant bussing of kids out of East Hartford until after the game is over)

4. Discounts on road game travel packages and/or bowl game travel packages for all full season ticket holders.

5. Sell "Top of the Rent" and 3 game Mini Plans ASAP. Don't wait on season tickets to be sold first to hold seats because we all know the season ticket base is going to drop without some sort of miracle. Sell tickets now and when you can. Every seat should be on first come-first served basis.

6. Offer season ticket holders the right to buy additional single game tickets for dirt cheap.

Agreed on 1, 2, and 4. I hate the idea of holding students hostage. They won't come. I don't think incorporating 5 will move the needle. They already do 6.

Reaction Score
10K season tickets? Really? Who peed on your cheerios?

I think this is well in the realm of possibility considering the factors. The OP is on the money with this.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Do we want to sell tickets or do we want people to come to the games?

Two different things - No?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do we want to sell tickets or do we want people to come to the games?

Two different things - No?

Well unless you start letting them on without tickets they are somewhat linked don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom