CB Depth | The Boneyard

CB Depth

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I feel like this was bound to come up sooner rather than later.

If Summers indeed sits for a while, that means Swann and Bell will be playing every snap at CB until THW returns from injury. That makes things especially dicey if one of them goes down.

• Kyle Williams (walk-on SO) is on the two-deep, but I have no idea if he's just a placeholder.
  • Robert King and Bebe Olaniyan were both set to redshirt. I believe King had some sort of injury in preseason camp.
  • The only other DB on roster who hasn't been playing safety in this scheme as a safety is walk-on FR Quimonei Bell-Hunter.
  • Some backup safeties have CB experience (suspended JRob, Garland, maybe Fortt in HS?). I think this may end up being our best bet if something happens.
Curious to hear others' thoughts.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think it was Bebe that has some injury over the summer. Other than that, I think your assessment as to what hasn’t been deployed at all or very much is correct.

Reaction Score
I feel like this was bound to come up sooner rather than later.

If Summers indeed sits for a while, that means Swann and Bell will be playing every snap at CB until THW returns from injury. That makes things especially dicey if one of them goes down.

• Kyle Williams (walk-on SO) is on the two-deep, but I have no idea if he's just a placeholder.
  • Robert King and Bebe Olaniyan were both set to redshirt. I believe King had some sort of injury in preseason camp.
  • The only other DB on roster who hasn't been playing safety in this scheme as a safety is walk-on FR Quimonei Bell-Hunter.
  • Some backup safeties have CB experience (suspended JRob, Garland, maybe Fortt in HS?). I think this may end up being our best bet if something happens.
Curious to hear others' thoughts.

Justin Morehead played DB @ NDWH but was stronger as a WR (same as Bell- Hunter).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Didn’t Eddie Hahn play safety in HS? I know he’s been playing LB but he has experience? Not sure if he has changed his body make up during his RS year that would make him not able to play safety? (I mean that he has bulked up to LB size)

Edit: realized you were talking about playing CB. However Hahn could take a safety spot if our current safety can play CB

Reaction Score
Didn’t Eddie Hahn play safety in HS? I know he’s been playing LB but he has experience? Not sure if he has changed his body make up during his RS year that would make him not able to play safety? (I mean that he has bulked up to LB size)

Edit: realized you were talking about playing CB. However Hahn could take a safety spot if our current safety can play CB
He came to UConn as a Safety but Edsall moved him to LB during pre-season practice and he is in 2 deep now backing up Britton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom