Catholic Schools Appear To Be Taking Big East Name With Them | The Boneyard

Catholic Schools Appear To Be Taking Big East Name With Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It pisses me off that they are going to get to take the name. Not because I necessarily want the new conference that UConn is in to be called the Big East because it doesn't resemble the Big East that I grew up with at all. I just don't want those balloon knots to be able to take the name with them.

I'm also getting so tired of hearing an announcer every now and then include Marquette and Depaul as "original" big east members.

Reaction Score
The Big East is a historic basketball-first conference. Dave Gavitt was a Providence man. Sure did accomplish some incredible stuff in football too. Look at how decent our football program has become.

Reaction Score
Much as I dislike losing the name, they do have originals GU, SJU, PC, SH, and Nova. If only UCONN could go with them. But think of all that football money UCONN's getting.

Reaction Score
I wish UConn could go with them for basketball at least but I don't think it would make sense for them to take UConn because they know that as soon as UConn gets an invite to another conference they will bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom