Catchings Wins WNBA MVP | The Boneyard

Catchings Wins WNBA MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On WNBA.com, Congratulations To Catchings, well deserved. Tina came in 2nd.

Reaction Score
Catchings is a favorite of mine, but that is just a joke. Tina should have won this one going away.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Catch, but she's had better years. I thought Tina was the most dominant and valuable player this year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Congrats to Catch, but she's had better years. I thought Tina was the most dominant and valuable player this year.

It wasn't Catchings' best season but I think she won because of the cumulative effect of great seasons and not having won before. She was the sentimental favorite.

Tina's time will come. She'll be battling Maya for MVPs,

BTW, one of the knocks on Tina is that her FG% (.468) wasn't MVP-worthy for a post player. Lauren Jackson was MVP last year with a FG% of .462.

Reaction Score
I was kind of hoping that Tina would win; she did have a great season.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Sue, Diana, Angel, Tina, Lindsey, et al. I agree with Catchings. She deserves a turn.

Reaction Score
Tina did have a great, great season for the Sun. But...going out in the first round makes your value less valuable. Don't know if the voting all took place before the playoffs or not. I have no problem with Catch winning it...she does a LOT for her team.

Reaction Score
i was so pleased to see sue bird get recognition for her season, coming in 4th,ahead of whalen. some people didn't even have her in their top 5. i think she ,tina, and diana should be all wnba, along with catchings and angel.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Tina did have a great, great season for the Sun. But...going out in the first round makes your value less valuable. Don't know if the voting all took place before the playoffs or not. I have no problem with Catch winning it...she does a LOT for her team.

Voting took place at the end of the regular season.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
i'm having a hard time with the all-wnba teams.

i feel like whalen, augustus, catchings, charles, and fowles should be the first team, but i don't know if they'll take 2 centers.

that leaves a second team of bird, hammon, taurasi, mccoughtry, and taylor?? i guess you could move charles or fowles down and move taurasi or mccoughtry up, but unlike the mvp voting, i don't think they should discriminate based on team performance for fowles.

i'll be interested to see how they divide the positions. but clearly the guards/wings out performed the posts this year. all the "forwards" are more threes than fours as well. of course it hurts having cp3 and jackson out for most of the year, but the only other posts who could really make a case for these teams are langhorne and brunson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom