Castoffs, AEH and CE, enjoying the NCAA | The Boneyard

Castoffs, AEH and CE, enjoying the NCAA

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Courtney Ekmark had 20 points in a 1st round victory and contributed in other ways in the victory over Miami, the Notre Dame slayer. Andra Espinoza-Hunter has played 20+ minutes in their two NCAA games. She is scoring modestly 8-10 points but is starting. Ekmark seems to have grown into a leadership role at ASU. AEH seems to have matured playing for a big time team.

Reaction Score
I’m going to guess these two may be guarding each other? That will be fun to watch.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Congrats to both players.
FYI though WCBB is a voluntary endeavor. Calling them "castoff" is a little much.

Kind of with you on that. How about transfers?
And since this is the "General Women's Basketball thread," how about adding a pair of transfers from three schools (that have/are in WCBB news) for review.

Notre Dame

Two former Domers played against each other last night, with Erin Boley and the Oregon Ducks defeating Ali Patberg and the Indiana Hoosiers.

Sabrina Ionescu had a triple double in leading the Ducks, while Boley contributed 14 points.

Patberg was the leading scorer for the Hoosiers (16 points), followed by very-improved sophomore guard Jaelynn Penn (15 points). If the Hoosiers can get a legit big to help out undersized Brenna Wise (herself a transfer from Pitt), they could make some noise next year in the B1G, with Ms. Gustafson taking her act to the pros.

Tennessee

- Te'a Cooper started off hot for the South Carolina Gamecocks, finishing with 13 points, 6 rebounds and four assists.
- Remember Alexa Middleton, fhe former McDonalds All-American point guard, who spent three years at Rocky Top? She left the school and state (she's from Murfreesboro) to go to Iowa State. Middleton has started every game and leads the team is assists while also scoring 10 points per game. Fits right in with Bridget Carleton, Kristin Scott and Ashley Joens.

Maryland

- PG Destiny Slocum is a starter for the Oregon State Beavers
- Kiara Leslie is the leading scorer for North Carolina State, as they take on the Kentucky Wildcats tonight.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maryland

- PG Destiny Slocum is a starter for the Oregon State Beavers
- Kiara Leslie is the leading scorer for North Carolina State, as they take on the Kentucky Wildcats tonight.

Kiah Gillispie of Florida St. (eliminated yesterday) also transferred from Maryland.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kiah Gillispie of Florida St. (eliminated yesterday) also transferred from Maryland.

And if Georgia had chosen to play in the NIT, Jenna Staiti, the current Bulldog and former Terrapin center, could've been on the list, too! That's four for the Terps!

Reaction Score
And if Georgia had chosen to play in the NIT, Jenna Staiti, the current Bulldog and former Terrapin center, could've been on the list, too! That's four for the Terps!

Beat me to it! She has been a nice little player for Georgia this year.

What is it with Maryland and all these talented kids leaving? Maryland recruits extremely well so I do think playing time is part of it for some cases but there have been some notable ones as of recent memory w/ Slocum and Lexie Brown

Reaction Score
Wasn’t hard to see who was the better of the two, at least IMO. Ekmark was terrible while AEH was pretty good.

Reaction Score
Beat me to it! She has been a nice little player for Georgia this year.

What is it with Maryland and all these talented kids leaving? Maryland recruits extremely well so I do think playing time is part of it for some cases but there have been some notable ones as of recent memory w/ Slocum and Lexie Brown

How many transfers is that from Maryland? I know that every program has transfers out, but this seems pretty excessive.

Is my perception that something's wrong there on the beam?

Reaction Score
Just saw were Iggy Allen, MSST transfer, signed with Miami. If she has finally recovered from her injury, she will make a difference at Miami!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe this would be better posted on the Transfers thread? Just a suggestion...
Very good suggestion. This is news worthy because this is the first transfer that I'm aware off to actually pick her destination.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Whoever came up with the idea for this forum should be acknowledged. A "catch-all" forum for everyone to post and discuss topics of interest regarding players and coaches not UConn.

In the brief time this forum has been in operation, I've gleaned as much if not more information about news in the world of WCBB here than anywhere else. I make it a point to check in here everyday to find out the latest news and developments in women's college basketball, like Nell Fortner stepping away from broadcasting, and being hired as the new HC at Georgia Tech. :)

Reaction Score
Forgive me, sometimes I just do not know where thing belong, guess that happens when we get older. At least that is my excuse for today, my wife says I have an excuse for everything!
I don't think that you need forgiveness, I thought that it would reach a wider audience on the Transfers thread. That's all.

Reaction Score
I don't think that you need forgiveness, I thought that it would reach a wider audience on the Transfers thread. That's all.
I really thought we were suppose to post non UConn stuff on the General Board so that is why I posted here. My forgiveness comment was just a lead in to my sense of humor about being old and forgetful.

Reaction Score
I really thought we were suppose to post non UConn stuff on the General Board so that is why I posted here. My forgiveness comment was just a lead in to my sense of humor about being old and forgetful.
Yeah I have no idea why a Transfers thread is on the main forum especially when it has to be about players and other schools. Afterall, there is a rule about speculation of our players, but...

Reaction Score
Yeah I have no idea why a Transfers thread is on the main forum especially when it has to be about players and other schools. Afterall, there is a rule about speculation of our players, but...
Because many UConn fans are speculating (hoping) that Geno will be looking for transfers to stock his bench

Reaction Score
Because many UConn fans are speculating (hoping) that Geno will be looking for transfers to stock his bench
Yup, I guess that is a reason. I see now for sure that it is a UConn Huskie related thread

Reaction Score

:D If you want your replies to be taken as "sense of humor", you need to add at least one emoji, so we know it's your sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Emoji, what is that? Ok, I looked it up on Internet and now I know what it is but I do not know how to add an emoji. Sometimes I feel like the Internet has promoted another language, one in which I am not well versed!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom