Castle was incredible tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Castle was incredible tonight

Reaction Score
Steph is one tough sob. To get right up from that fall was impressive. Even I woke up a little sore for knock down.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who was thinking that if one of our players came flying in and leveled a player who pulled in a rebound it would have been called a flagrant foul?
It looked to me like he got whacked in the face and slammed on his back (scary). That was a hellacious hit. I was wondering why no flagrant but the refs didn't seem to get any negativity from Uconn.

Reaction Score
Early in the game he was on a breakaway and came close to an and1 layup but an SDSU defender shoved him while in air. After the SDSU tried to tap his chest and say sorry and Castle swiped his hand away off him. Something small but you can tell the kid is crazy competitor who loves winning. I cannot wait to see him vs Shannon

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a headache today. Good day to rest and recuperate.

Reaction Score
I SO want him to come back and be a star next year
He is a star right now. Virtually anyone he guards is shut down. No single defender can stop him and if he has a mismatch he abuses the smaller, less strong, less skilled player.

Every game over the past month there has been a moment where I'm yelling onto the court or at the TV that they can't guard Steph.

Reaction Score
He’s just a special special player, veteran poise. Brandon Miller got intimidated by SDSU last year, Castle dominated kids 4-5 years older then him.

I’m 100 percent Castle is good to go he has Jeter like instincts to the right way on a fall.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It looked to me like he got whacked in the face and slammed on his back (scary). That was a hellacious hit. I was wondering why no flagrant but the refs didn't seem to get any negativity from Uconn.
It was right out of a 1989 Piston game.

It was a hard foul but it was clean. He was going for the ball.

LeDee was very late getting there. Steph already had the ball secured and was coming down when LeDee got there (he had enough time to let up or even avoid contact). Fortunately SC was well on his way back down or the arm to the face would have been an elbow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The level to which he plays such insanely stifling and relentless defense, then turns around and becomes an absolute beast on offense. He's in a very exclusive club. Hats off to Steph!!!

Reaction Score
It was right out of a 1989 Piston game.

LeDee was very late getting there. Steph already had the ball secured and was coming down when LeDee got there (he had enough time to let up or even avoid contact). Fortunately SC was well on his way back down or the arm to the face would have been an elbow.
In addition to the fall, I think Castle took a shot to the face from Ledee on the initial body slam too. But he's tough as nails. Luckily I don't think he actually hit his head on the floor (or if he did, it was just a glancing blow).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Van Gundy could not stop talking about how much he loved Castle. I feel like Steph is solidifying himself near the top of the draft and having a former NBA coach talking you up can't hurt. That touch pass to Clingan was beautiful, and the defense is so solid.

And Van Gundy referenced a few times the tape he's watched and how impressed he was of Castle in film sessions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom